How to fix unreadable usb drive

G

Hello,
Sir i have a Kingston USB Flash drive, and when i formatted my OS the USB is still plugged in so i guess when i reformatted the OS the USB also formatted too
how can i fix it ?
now the computer can't read the flash (removable /:F)
please help me!

P.S. sorry for my grammar, im boy..

COLGeek

Cybernaut
You did not likely format the USB drive at the same time you reformatted the OS. Try this. Remove the USB device from your computer. Then, shut your system completely down. Restart you computer. After it boots all the way back to Windows, reattach the USB drive. You system should then detect the USB drive and install (if needed) the drivers for it. Good luck!

akash651

Distinguished
Nov 4, 2011

i have tried another system its showing sam eproblem corrupted and unreadable i dont want to format i have so many data in this drive i want back that all if you have any soloution pls

plast0000

Distinguished
Jul 14, 2013

diskpart.exe in start menu search
open computer management and choose "disk management" in the left pane
your hard disk is usually named "disk 0" so the usb will be named "disk 1" unless yo have another hard disk
the other hard disk will be disk 1 and your usb will be disk 2
when diskpart cmd opens type "select disk 1" without quotes or whatever the number of the usb drive shown in the disk management
type "clean" without quotes
exit the diskpart CMD
then right click on your usb drive shown in "computer" and click format
choose the format you want and you are done

mkaraniya

Reputable
Jul 25, 2014

"WOW what you wrote is working thanks"

rheel

Reputable
Jan 19, 2015
If its a windows system that is giving this error and if u have tried it on other windows machine, with same result....then try to plug this usb drive into a linux OS machine like ubuntu, kali linux, redhat any one. Perhaps u will find it readable again and copy ur data.

plast0000

Distinguished
Jul 14, 2013

The installed OS has nothing to do with the USB flash drive/ sd card being unreadable
It depends on if the hardware is not damaged (the usb flash drive or the usb port)
And if the system format is readable by your OS (you can't use drives formatted with NTFS on linux *without a 3rd party driver* and you use read ext formatted drives on Windows *without a 3rd driver*)
The file system may be damaged and may be fixed if you reformat it
And it may be unallocated and requires you to create a partition for it to be reusable again