How to fix unreadable usb drive

Hello,
Sir i have a Kingston USB Flash drive, and when i formatted my OS the USB is still plugged in so i guess when i reformatted the OS the USB also formatted too
how can i fix it ?
now the computer can't read the flash (removable /:F)
please help me!

P.S. sorry for my grammar, im boy..
7 answers Last reply
More about unreadable drive
  1. You did not likely format the USB drive at the same time you reformatted the OS. Try this. Remove the USB device from your computer. Then, shut your system completely down. Restart you computer. After it boots all the way back to Windows, reattach the USB drive. You system should then detect the USB drive and install (if needed) the drivers for it. Good luck!
  2. COLGeek said:
    You did not likely format the USB drive at the same time you reformatted the OS. Try this. Remove the USB device from your computer. Then, shut your system completely down. Restart you computer. After it boots all the way back to Windows, reattach the USB drive. You system should then detect the USB drive and install (if needed) the drivers for it. Good luck!

i have tried another system its showing sam eproblem corrupted and unreadable i dont want to format i have so many data in this drive i want back that all if you have any soloution pls
  3. Anonymous said:
    Hello,
    Sir i have a Kingston USB Flash drive, and when i formatted my OS the USB is still plugged in so i guess when i reformatted the OS the USB also formatted too
    how can i fix it ?
    please help me!

diskpart.exe in start menu search
    open computer management and choose "disk management" in the left pane
    your hard disk is usually named "disk 0" so the usb will be named "disk 1" unless yo have another hard disk
    the other hard disk will be disk 1 and your usb will be disk 2
    when diskpart cmd opens type "select disk 1" without quotes or whatever the number of the usb drive shown in the disk management
    type "clean" without quotes
    exit the diskpart CMD
    then right click on your usb drive shown in "computer" and click format
    choose the format you want and you are done
  4. plast0000 said:
    Anonymous said:
    Hello,
    how can i fix it ?
    please help me!

diskpart.exe in start menu search
    open computer management and choose "disk management" in the left pane
    your hard disk is usually named "disk 0" so the usb will be named "disk 1" unless yo have another hard disk
    the other hard disk will be disk 1 and your usb will be disk 2
    when diskpart cmd opens type "select disk 1" without quotes or whatever the number of the usb drive shown in the disk management
    type "clean" without quotes
    exit the diskpart CMD
    then right click on your usb drive shown in "computer" and click format
    choose the extension you want and you are done

"WOW what you wrote is working thanks"
  5. update your driver & try check disk utility chkdsk f: /f /x /r
  6. If its a windows system that is giving this error and if u have tried it on other windows machine, with same result....then try to plug this usb drive into a linux OS machine like ubuntu, kali linux, redhat any one. Perhaps u will find it readable again and copy ur data.
  7. rheel said:
    If its a windows system that is giving this error and if u have tried it on other windows machine, with same result....then try to plug this usb drive into a linux OS machine like ubuntu, kali linux, redhat any one. Perhaps u will find it readable again and copy ur data.

The installed OS has nothing to do with the USB flash drive/ sd card being unreadable
    It depends on if the hardware is not damaged (the usb flash drive or the usb port)
    And if the system format is readable by your OS (you can't use drives formatted with NTFS on linux *without a 3rd party driver* and you use read ext formatted drives on Windows *without a 3rd driver*)
    The file system may be damaged and may be fixed if you reformat it
    And it may be unallocated and requires you to create a partition for it to be reusable again
Ask a new question

Read More

Hard Drives USB USB Drive Storage