Choosing case, would CM690>A900?

I am going to build a computer this summer, which will be used for Photoshop CS3 editing and Gaming at the same time. Therefore I am searching for a reasonable Airflow that can cool well my CPU and my VGA card. I've been looking through the case and the Coolermaster CM690 picked my interest. I was wondering if I should get this instead of the Antec 900 case.

I plan on getting this in the next 2-3 weeks:

Case:Antec Nine Hundred Mid Tower Gamer Case
PSU: OCZ ModXStream Pro 600W(May get 650W instead)

MB:ASUS P5Q Pro Motherboard
CPU:Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550 Processor 2.83 Ghz(OCd to ~3.2-3.6 ghz)
GPU:XFX HD-489A-ZDFC Radeon HD 4890 1GB Video Card
Memory:G.SKILL F2-6400CL4D-4GBPI-B PC2-6400 4GB 2X2GB DDR2-800
HDD:Western Digital Caviar Blue 640GB SATA

Extra Fan: 2x Noctua NF-P12-1300 120MM Ultra Quiet Cooling Fan
CPU Heatsink: Xigmatek HDT-S1283 Direct Touch 3 Heatpipe Heatsink
Mounting Kit: Thermalright LGA775 BOLT-THRU Kit

Resolution: 1650 x 1050

Do you have any suggestions on which case I should get? Do you know any other ones that works better than the ones I thought of?(Price range of 100~150$)
8 answers Last reply
More about choosing case cm690 a900
  1. Of the 2 i like the CM 690 more. There are lots of good cases out in your price range, here's a place for some good reviews.

http://www.hardwaresecrets.com/page/case
  2. Every time I have a dilemma like that you are having with the 2 cases, I buy the cheaper one.
  3. I would look at the CM Storm Sniper and HAF 922.
  4. I like the CM 690.
  5. The CM 690 has better performance, better construction, is easier to build in, and in my opinion looks a whole hell of a lot better.

The Antec 900 is damn close on all of these however.
  6. I really like the Antec 900. (I have 3 of them). Excellent cooling.

Unfortunately, everything else is kind of sucky. It's definitely not a tool free case. (OTOH, how often will you change hard drives?) And, without a little work, cable management is pretty much non-existent.

But unlike most people, I am prepared to overlook all the - many - faults because I have been :D
    ----------
    Overclocking since 1978 - Z80 (TRS-80) from 1.77 MHz to 2.01 MHz
  7. Thanks for the many replies!

@theAnimal, checked the Storm Sniper, I was really amazed by it, however the price killed my interest. However HAF 922 looks good, makes me become more undecided.

I looked up more on what could match up the Storm Sniper, The Storm Scout came out frequently, and his price is really reasonable. However, I wonder if it has a lot of space in it?

@jsc, I see what you mean about being not a tool free case, I've been switching between them for years already, they are quite troublesome.

I often change the hard drives. Whenever someone asks me to recover their data from a broken drive, I always have to play inside to configure the hardware's setting.

Anything else to add in? For now CM 690 looks very tempting, atm.
  8. The CM Scout should have plenty of space.
Ask a new question

Read More

Power Supplies Cases Components