Vcore q6700

G

hello

i have my vcore pumpt up at 3.500 en the speed is 3100mhz is this oke ?

My cpu is a Q6700

G

hello

i have my vcore pumpt up at 3.500 cant get it stable at 3.0/3.3335 en the speed is 3100mhz is this oke ?

My cpu is a Q6700

G

yea i mean 1.35 v

i took i one step up at 1.37 v and i seem to be stable at 3200mhz i disabled v core damper
Thats a huge diffrents with vdroop
At full load my temp is 57C is that oke?
and is the v core not to high because is a small overclock?

Unfortunately, relying only on Prime95's Blend test for 10 hours is like building a house upon sand. If you want to be certain about its stability, then keep tweaking until it can pass 12 hours of the Small FFTs, 12 hours of Blend, 12 hours of the In-place large FFTs, and 100 runs of LinX using the largest problem size that it will allow you to use

cinnaman

Distinguished
Jul 15, 2010
TBH i think i have said this b4 There is no program out there aside from prime95 and programs like it that will max out all 4-6 cores on your CPU. sorry but playing world of warcraft for 10 hours isn't even as stressful as 10 mins of prime 95. personaly i do 6 hours but then again maybe my OC is unstable.

In the overclocking community a rule of thumb is often used to determine how long to run Prime95: test the CPU (8KB FFT) for 10 hours and the memory (4096KB FFT) for 10 hours, and if the system passes, there is a high chance that it is stable. 24 hours' testing is recommended to be sure, as errors may show up after 16 or more hours of testing (compared to, say, just 4 hours of testing).[5] Moreover, a large proportion of system overclockers and enthusiasts favor Prime95 over other benchmarking suites because Prime95 pushes the CPU's floating point units extremely hard, causing the CPU to become extremely hot. In addition, Prime95 stresses a computer far more than the majority of software based torture-suites. The nature of this is because the operating system usually shuts down the floating-point unit when unused by other programs, whereas Prime95 is well-optimized to continuously and effectively thread the FPU, resulting the FPU to be deeply pipelined thereby generating significantly more heat because of elevated power consumption under the massive workload conditions. In CPUs which are not properly cooled, errors are likely to occur. Prime95 also constantly accesses main memory up to 60MB per second. This constant activity will detect memory problems that other programs will not.
site : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prime95