Grouping of excel tabs on toolbar

I have the same problem as noted below, only I am using Office 2007, which does not have a "Tools" menu as suggested below in the solution. Can someone help me fix this with Excel 2007?

Thanks

Bruce

My XP professional recently stopped grouping excel files, although it groups
all others. Also, alt-tab does not show separate files when multiple
workbooks are open, only a single instance of Excel.

Any suggestions?

Reply to mic
.Ads by Google
Desktop Administration
Install MSI/EXE, Remote Control, Patch & Asset Management. Download!
ManageEngine.com/DesktopManagement

Register or log in to remove. .Anonymous 05-03-2005 at 07:17:06 PM Show message
-
0
+ .Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

Open Excel. On the Tools menu, click Options. On the View tab, select the
Windows in Taskbar check box.

--
Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
Windows XP Shell/User

    In 2007 you go to file>optioins (or the new big ass office button > options) options is now a tiny button on the bottom right, could be hard to spot. I don't have 2007 handy to check if it still has options for taskbar grouping, but I'm fairly sure it doesn't.
  2. AntiZig said:
    Is your task bar set to group same windows? if yes, try disabling the auto grouping.

    In 2007 you go to file>optioins (or the new big ass office button > options) options is now a tiny button on the bottom right, could be hard to spot. I don't have 2007 handy to check if it still has options for taskbar grouping, but I'm fairly sure it doesn't.

    I found it in Excel Options, Advanced - I clicked on "Show all windows in the Taskbar" and this seems to have fixed the problem. Not sure how this got disabled, but now is okay. I left the auto grouping enabled on the Taskbar.

    Thanks for your help.
  3. ahh right I've missed it on first pass, in 2010 is a 1 line check box

    "Show all windows in Taskbar"

    Glad you've found it

Configuration Excel Windows XP