M2N-E SLI Bios update?

I'm building my first rig (low budget) and I've bought all the parts now and are just waiting for them to arrive.

M2N-E sli
AMD X2 7750 BE
4GB (2 x 2GB) Kingston 800mhz DDR2
320GB WD HDD
500GB Seagate HDD
2 XFX 8600gt XXX (running sli)
liteon DVD Writer
500w PSU

My question is, will i need a bois update for the cpu to work? if so what version? and how do i do such a task? (never done a bios update before)

Any help much appreciated!
3 answers Last reply
More about bios update
  1. Here is your CPU support list. If your motherboard comes with bios 1701 or later, you are fine. Otherwise you need an old and cheap CPU to flash the bios.
    If your bios chip is removable you can ask Asus for a bios chip.
    Check the motherboard manual on how to update the bios.

http://support.asus.com/cpusupport/cpusupport.aspx?SLanguage=en-us&model=M2N-E&product=1&os=17
  2. evongugg said:
    Here is your CPU support list. If your motherboard comes with bios 1701 or later, you are fine. Otherwise you need an old and cheap CPU to flash the bios.
    If your bios chip is removable you can ask Asus for a bios chip.
    Check the motherboard manual on how to update the bios.

http://support.asus.com/cpusupport/cpusupport.aspx?SLanguage=en-us&model=M2N-E&product=1&os=17

I would suggest using the Asus EZ Flash Bios Updater (see if the included bios supports). If it does, you can have the newest bios file on a memory stick. The bios updater will scan USB connections for stick, select new bios, select install...done.

I recently bought the same processor and Asus M4N72-E. I flashed my bios using this process. Very easy.

One other thing, your power supply may be too small. I would suggest a PS with (4)12 Volt Rails. To ensure enough power for each video card, one 12 volt rail per video card is suggested and other 2 rails for HD's, DVD drives, cooling fans.... A 600 - 700 watt should be large enough for the 8600's (I personally use an Antec TP-750 for two 9600GSO's).

Good luck!
  3. wytboi said:
    I'm building my first rig (low budget) and I've bought all the parts now and are just waiting for them to arrive.

M2N-E sli
    AMD X2 7750 BE
    4GB (2 x 2GB) Kingston 800mhz DDR2
    320GB WD HDD
    500GB Seagate HDD
    2 XFX 8600gt XXX (running sli)
    liteon DVD Writer
    500w PSU

My question is, will i need a bois update for the cpu to work? if so what version? and how do i do such a task? (never done a bios update before)

Any help much appreciated!

I see some revisions that could have been made to your build had you made a post before you ordered the parts...o well. It should do alright, but that PSU is pretty light for those GPU's, and if its a no-name or cheapo PSU chances are you will have problems.
Ask a new question

Read More

New Build SLI Systems