Jun 18, 2009
This is my system:
Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD3R mother board
Intel Core i7 920 2.67Ghz
4GB kingston RAM
550W Power supply
1TB HDD
PowerColor ATI HD4870 graphic card

this is my problem. I have build this PC for 3 month now. But recently, it cannot boot. I can't hear any beeping sound when I turned on the power supply. I've checked all the wires are firmly attached. Could someone please tell me what's wrong with my PC ?

Oscarjw

Distinguished
Jun 5, 2009
try hardware swopping, like putting older parts in that you now work so once you replace the broken part (if that is the problem) then it will boot, did u burn anything out like was there smoke did it freeze before it died ?? need more then what you given me realy to help you--- any more questions

tobensg

Distinguished
Feb 18, 2009
Could be the power supply. When you press the power switch on your PC does the power supply fans spin up, if so does the CPU fan and any cooling fans? The beep you normally hear comes from the mobo, its a POST Bios beep.

miinmymug

Distinguished
Jun 18, 2009
Actually, I bought the component without replacing any old part. In the other hand, it still a fresh made PC. I have checked and double checked all the components. Nothing was burnt or freeze. And the PSu ' s fan working and so does the CPU and cooling fans. But the weird thing is I tried remove the RAM and on the PC, there is still no long beeping or short beeping. I've put it back in and still no effect. That comes same with other components like HDD and my GC.

nytrus90

Distinguished
Jun 11, 2009
i stand to be corrected but isnt 550watts a lil too low power for such machine?

ummm.... well i had this issue not too long ago. i didnt get a POST after a reboot, it was weird, i was thinking all kinds of things. was my CPU dead?

Power supply?

motherboard?

Well it turned out that the motherboard had a BIOS that just given up the ghost (dont know how) and it needed to be replace with another up-to-date bios.

im not sure if this is the case here..... but you could try troubleshooting, have it bare bone and replace every component till you find your culprit.

might i just add that try clearing the CMOS by moving the jumpers then moving them back again (see your motherboard manuel on how to do this) then try putting a known good RAM stick in the B1 slot (once again look in your manual) of your mobo then fire her up.

Report back once you have tried this.

Regards

Sean

nytrus90

Distinguished
Jun 11, 2009
then either the mobo is nuked or CPU, i suggest asking a friend if they could test it in their rig, failing that go down to a computer shop and ask then to test it.

Kind regards

Sean