Noob needs help ocing i7 930

chantico

Distinguished
Jun 22, 2010
hi im wondering if anyone could help me out iv read countless guides online about overclocking but i just cant seem to get my head round it i followed one guide online but my pc refused to boot and just kept restarting so i cleared the cmos and attempted to start again. iv now restored the load optimized settings and booted my computer i run prime just to make sure thateverything was ok but now my temps are high 80s at full load i panicked abit and stopped the test which i only had running for probably 10 seconds max the bios thing is just really confusing me, and id really like to get the temps down at the stock speeds first but just dont know where to start i have had the temps down before but a while ago as i remember it being hot but cant remember what i done im sorry if i sound completely stupid and im sure its not overly complicated but i am dyslexic and struggle at times so would really appreciate the help as i said iv read countless guides on ocing but its just not registering i have no idea if im suppose to change qtt/vtt (think iv got that wrong) or cpu vcore cpu multiplier ram ect im just stumpped

chantico

Distinguished
Jun 22, 2010
dropped my cpu vcore to 0.9 and seems to have brought my temps down after about 15 mins prime95 my highest temp was 65 although cpu-z says its running t 1.2 volts

Gigahalem

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2010
STOCK SETTINGS: run prime 95 for about 4-5 hours and see what your temps are

make a new post on this thread with the maximum temperature you reached on ALL cores

What is your cpu?
What is your motherboard?
What is your power supply?
What is your heat sink fan?
What thermal paste/thermal pad?
What is your ram?
What are the settings at stock?

You need to answer all of these questions before you can understand the knowledge that is relevant to you and your computer.

TRENDING THREADS