Sign in with
Your question
Solved

MSI Motherboard issue. Please help. MSI customer support is a joke!

Last response: in Motherboards
August 30, 2009 4:16:48 PM

O.K. So i was at the 2009 Quakecon event and one an AMD Phenom II 965 Processor. This is the first AMD Processor ive had since 2001.Don't know if AMD is any better than it was back then. I did some research on Motherboards and decided that the MSI 770-C45 is the best for me espicialy since i could afford it. As soon as i get it i pute it in my Antec case and start it up. Everything turns on. The Active Phase Switching lights all light up and everything heats up so i know it has power. I just don't get any video. I have a 9800GT which i know works. I don't get any beeps at all and nothing is different if i take the processor out. Ive never had a problem like this before. but i can tell you i have no clue what is going on. Don't know if the proccesor is bad or the Mobo. :( 

PLEASE HELP THIS IS KILLING ME! Espicialy since i didn't find this in the trash i bought it. :cry: 
September 3, 2009 10:44:48 PM

It supports Phenom II processors. i whent on the the MSI website and my processor wasn't listed. added the fact its brand new, i don't know what board would support it. im not paying over 100$ if i can. If i need to i probably will. Any recomendations?
m
l
Related resources

Best solution

September 16, 2009 3:34:26 PM

I've been having that exact problem with my P55-GD65, I put my card in and I get no video. The thing has power, and the card works in my roommates' motherboards, but theirs don't work in mine. So I just decided to RMA the board, hoping the next one will work. Might be that you need a new board.
a b V Motherboard
September 16, 2009 7:24:22 PM

corvettezo7sp said:
It supports Phenom II processors. i whent on the the MSI website and my processor wasn't listed. added the fact its brand new, i don't know what board would support it. im not paying over 100$ if i can. If i need to i probably will. Any recomendations?

The Phenom II 965 is 140W TDP model. There are no CPU models beyond 125W TDP on the MSI support list, but it could be an oversight since this board is advertised to support 140W models by several resellers. You probably need a BIOS update.
m
l
September 17, 2009 2:34:33 AM

bensully said:
I've been having that exact problem with my P55-GD65, I put my card in and I get no video. The thing has power, and the card works in my roommates' motherboards, but theirs don't work in mine. So I just decided to RMA the board, hoping the next one will work. Might be that you need a new board.

Thanks. Makes me feel better knowing im not the only one having this issue. Still tring to get it to work. Couldn't update the bios due to the issue it wouldn't give me anything to work wit. Decided to RMA the board since you told me about youre problems.

Thanks to all who supported my issues. Even though it was a D.O.A.
m
l
September 17, 2009 2:48:13 PM

I had this similar issue with my MSI x58 PRO board with my i7 and GTX 275. Everything would power up except the video card.

My solution: Make sure the video card is seated correctly. Make sure your power supply is enough to power it.

Strangely enough, I think I fixed it by placing my RAM in a different configuration. The MSI configuration for my Triple-channel memory was retarded and my board didn't even boot with the RAM in the configuration it was supposed to be in. I fooled around with it and guess what? System boots fine. So try different memory configurations with the sticks and good luck.
m
l
September 23, 2009 5:41:59 PM

lol you have to start up with 1 stick of ram in right dimm slot plus un hook your cd rom and HDD.. sometimes you have to but might be ok to leave those plugged in.. this should fix it... then update bios
m
l
October 3, 2009 12:16:12 AM

slong said:
lol you have to start up with 1 stick of ram in right dimm slot plus un hook your cd rom and HDD.. sometimes you have to but might be ok to leave those plugged in.. this should fix it... then update bios

I did that. Followed every instruction i the manual. I jest sent it back as a DOA. Getting new board soon!!!
m
l
October 3, 2009 12:53:43 AM

ahh that sucks :(  gl with replacement
m
l
December 13, 2009 4:36:29 PM

Thanks for all the help. It was just the board, though i wasn't satisfied the the AMD processor. There is no replacement for intel. Again, thanks. :) 
m
l
!