graham

May I please ask the question if anyone has thought about marrying the whole
neighbourhood and done it.

For example. Lothario gets married to Brandi and then Brandi gets on with
Dustin who she was living with anyway and gets married to him and he moves
in. This then carries on until the entire neighbourhood is in the one house.

Obviously alterations would need to be made to the starting Sims house or
he/she moves into the $237,000 mantion in Pleasant View.

The reason why I ask is I am thinking of seeing if it is possible to do it.
A curious Sims 2 + University player you could say I am.

Ummm - wouldn't Brandi have to divorce Lothario in order to marry Dustin
though?

Best wishes
Maxon

"Graham" <Graham@wallace21.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in message
> May I please ask the question if anyone has thought about marrying the
whole
> neighbourhood and done it.
>
> For example. Lothario gets married to Brandi and then Brandi gets on with
> Dustin who she was living with anyway and gets married to him and he moves
> in. This then carries on until the entire neighbourhood is in the one
house.

> Obviously alterations would need to be made to the starting Sims house or
> he/she moves into the $237,000 mantion in Pleasant View.
>
> The reason why I ask is I am thinking of seeing if it is possible to do
it.
> A curious Sims 2 + University player you could say I am.

graham

That is one very good question. I would of thought the example Sim Brandi
would be able to do as she pleases including Lothario in this example.

It may be fun but the divorce side of things may halt me in my tracks.

> Ummm - wouldn't Brandi have to divorce Lothario in order to marry Dustin
> though?
>
> Best wishes
> Maxon
>
> "Graham" <Graham@wallace21.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in message
>> May I please ask the question if anyone has thought about marrying the
> whole
>> neighbourhood and done it.
>>
>> For example. Lothario gets married to Brandi and then Brandi gets on with
>> Dustin who she was living with anyway and gets married to him and he
>> moves
>> in. This then carries on until the entire neighbourhood is in the one
> house.
>>
>> Obviously alterations would need to be made to the starting Sims house or
>> he/she moves into the $237,000 mantion in Pleasant View.
>>
>> The reason why I ask is I am thinking of seeing if it is possible to do
> it.
>> A curious Sims 2 + University player you could say I am.

I'm thinking one partner leaves the house when they divorce and that'd shoot
your experiment right up the fundament! Anyway, give it a try and see what
happens.

> That is one very good question. I would of thought the example Sim Brandi
> would be able to do as she pleases including Lothario in this example.
>
> It may be fun but the divorce side of things may halt me in my tracks.

She'd also have to figure out how to stop being his mother. Dustin is
Brandi's child, not her lover.

--
Morituri Nolumus Mori

MM

> Ummm - wouldn't Brandi have to divorce Lothario in order to marry Dustin
> though?
>
> Best wishes
> Maxon
>
> "Graham" <Graham@wallace21.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in message
> > May I please ask the question if anyone has thought about marrying the
> whole
> > neighbourhood and done it.
> >
> > For example. Lothario gets married to Brandi and then Brandi gets on
with
> > Dustin who she was living with anyway and gets married to him and he
moves
> > in. This then carries on until the entire neighbourhood is in the one
> house.
> >
> > Obviously alterations would need to be made to the starting Sims house
or
> > he/she moves into the $237,000 mantion in Pleasant View.
> >
> > The reason why I ask is I am thinking of seeing if it is possible to do
> it.
> > A curious Sims 2 + University player you could say I am.

Tee hee - I don't play the Maxis neighbourhoods., I suppose it shows.

Best wishes
Maxon

> She'd also have to figure out how to stop being his mother. Dustin is
> Brandi's child, not her lover.
>
> --
> Morituri Nolumus Mori
>
> MM

> > Ummm - wouldn't Brandi have to divorce Lothario in order to marry Dustin
> > though?
> >
> > Best wishes
> > Maxon
> >
> > "Graham" <Graham@wallace21.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in message
> > > May I please ask the question if anyone has thought about marrying the
> > whole
> > > neighbourhood and done it.
> > >
> > > For example. Lothario gets married to Brandi and then Brandi gets on
> with
> > > Dustin who she was living with anyway and gets married to him and he
> moves
> > > in. This then carries on until the entire neighbourhood is in the one
> > house.
> > >
> > > Obviously alterations would need to be made to the starting Sims house
> or
> > > he/she moves into the $237,000 mantion in Pleasant View.
> > >
> > > The reason why I ask is I am thinking of seeing if it is possible to
do
> > it.
> > > A curious Sims 2 + University player you could say I am.

The other problem is that when one sim is married to another one, children
from previous relationships seem to get the family interation list even
though they are not biologically related to the other sim. In short they
can't woohoo with one another. I tried that after I married Brandi Broke to
the Widower Oldie and moved out her eldest son. Oldie couldn't add Dustin
to his list of conquests. It make it very hard for Romance Sims to reach
their life goals.
> She'd also have to figure out how to stop being his mother. Dustin is
> Brandi's child, not her lover.
>
> --
> Morituri Nolumus Mori
>
> MM

>> Ummm - wouldn't Brandi have to divorce Lothario in order to marry Dustin
>> though?
>>
>> Best wishes
>> Maxon
>>
>> "Graham" <Graham@wallace21.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in message
>> > May I please ask the question if anyone has thought about marrying the
>> whole
>> > neighbourhood and done it.
>> >
>> > For example. Lothario gets married to Brandi and then Brandi gets on
> with
>> > Dustin who she was living with anyway and gets married to him and he
> moves
>> > in. This then carries on until the entire neighbourhood is in the one
>> house.
>> >
>> > Obviously alterations would need to be made to the starting Sims house
> or
>> > he/she moves into the $237,000 mantion in Pleasant View.
>> >
>> > The reason why I ask is I am thinking of seeing if it is possible to do
>> it.
>> > A curious Sims 2 + University player you could say I am.

graham

Looking like I have started a really good topic here.

Don't stop anyway. I am enjoying it here at the Sims newsgroup. Up until
Sunday 13 March I did not know it existed.

Nice to know you all anyway. Nice to know that the Sims game has got such a
huge following.

"Graham" <Graham@wallace21.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in message
> May I please ask the question if anyone has thought about marrying the
> whole neighbourhood and done it.
>
> For example. Lothario gets married to Brandi and then Brandi gets on with
> Dustin who she was living with anyway and gets married to him and he moves
> in. This then carries on until the entire neighbourhood is in the one
> house.
>
> Obviously alterations would need to be made to the starting Sims house or
> he/she moves into the $237,000 mantion in Pleasant View.
>
> The reason why I ask is I am thinking of seeing if it is possible to do
> it. A curious Sims 2 + University player you could say I am.

"Graham" <Graham@wallace21.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in message
> May I please ask the question if anyone has thought about marrying the
> whole neighbourhood and done it.
>
> For example. Lothario gets married to Brandi and then Brandi gets on with
> Dustin who she was living with anyway and gets married to him and he moves
> in. This then carries on until the entire neighbourhood is in the one
> house.
>
> Obviously alterations would need to be made to the starting Sims house or
> he/she moves into the $237,000 mantion in Pleasant View.
>
> The reason why I ask is I am thinking of seeing if it is possible to do
> it. A curious Sims 2 + University player you could say I am.

Brandi can't marry Dustin, it's her son!!! You can also only marry one sim
at a time. The sim would have to divorce to get married again.

Deborah
--
Hamster Heaven - http://www.hamsterheaven.co.uk

Deborah wrote:
> "Graham" <Graham@wallace21.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in message
>> May I please ask the question if anyone has thought about marrying
>> the whole neighbourhood and done it.
>>
>> For example. Lothario gets married to Brandi and then Brandi gets on
>> with Dustin who she was living with anyway and gets married to him
>> and he moves in. This then carries on until the entire neighbourhood
>> is in the one house.
>>
>> Obviously alterations would need to be made to the starting Sims
>> house or he/she moves into the $237,000 mantion in Pleasant View.
>>
>> The reason why I ask is I am thinking of seeing if it is possible to
>> do it. A curious Sims 2 + University player you could say I am.
>
> Brandi can't marry Dustin, it's her son!!! You can also only marry
> one sim at a time. The sim would have to divorce to get married again.
>

> Deborah

But you could use themove in option just to get them in the same house. But
without some new sims in the neighborhood, it wouldn't be long before none
if the family trees would fork anymore. <g>

Jeanie

Jeanie wrote:

> Deborah wrote:
>
>>"Graham" <Graham@wallace21.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in message
>>
>>>May I please ask the question if anyone has thought about marrying
>>>the whole neighbourhood and done it.
>>>
>>>For example. Lothario gets married to Brandi and then Brandi gets on
>>>with Dustin who she was living with anyway and gets married to him
>>>and he moves in. This then carries on until the entire neighbourhood
>>>is in the one house.
>>>
>>>Obviously alterations would need to be made to the starting Sims
>>>house or he/she moves into the $237,000 mantion in Pleasant View.
>>>
>>>The reason why I ask is I am thinking of seeing if it is possible to
>>>do it. A curious Sims 2 + University player you could say I am.
>>
>>Brandi can't marry Dustin, it's her son!!! You can also only marry
>>one sim at a time. The sim would have to divorce to get married again.
>>

>>Deborah
>

> But you could use themove in option just to get them in the same house. But
> without some new sims in the neighborhood, it wouldn't be long before none
> if the family trees would fork anymore. <g>
>
> Jeanie

How far away do the relations have to be bfore it's not icky to
intermarry? I know with people it's second cousins. Do the sims care? I
know they won't with siblings, but what about cousins?

I may have to try a few things with my genetic expiraments.

Have siblings- boy & girl living together. They got preggers at the same
time, and she had twins. So when the kids grow up, will they think their
siblings and not cousins? Or because they're sharing a roof it's icky?

Once they get out of nappies, I'll report. I do wish he'd have had the
twins, I want to breed aliens. :)

-georg

On Mon, 14 Mar 2005 13:44:19 GMT, "Deborah" <deborah@nospam.co.uk>
wrote:

>Brandi can't marry Dustin, it's her son!!! You can also only marry one sim
>at a time. The sim would have to divorce to get married again.

In addition, there's still the 8 sims per lot limit... unless you use
hacks.

Sage

Distinguished
May 20, 2001

> Ummm - wouldn't Brandi have to divorce Lothario in order to marry Dustin
> though?

Ummm.... Dustin is Brandi's son... NOT a good idea! But maybe interesting?
Sage