I'm PRETTY sure my PSU is going Tango-Uniform"!

gorgerax

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2006
First...I love these forums! A guy can learn SO much!

I've been having some hinky, intermittent restarts, won't post, etc., issues. I won't recant my tale of woe but suffice to ay, I beleive it's my power supply but wated to see what you all thought.

It's an alost 3 year old Antec 500 and by monitoring the voltages with CPU-Z's Hardware Monitor, I can see some fairly (I think) significant voltage fluctuations as follows:

VIN1
Min=.15v
Max=.22v

VIN3
Min=1.63
Max=1.86

12v
Min=13.27
Max= 13.44

So...what do you think? Is my PSU going bad?

Thanks!

What do VIN1 and VIN3 represent? The 12 volt output is out of tolerance - if CPU-Z is reporting it correctly. You can verify by connecting a voltmeter to the yellow and black wires on a molex connector.

gorgerax

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2006
[quoteWhat do VIN1 and VIN3 represent? The 12 volt output is out of tolerance - if CPU-Z is reporting it correctly. You can verify by connecting a voltmeter to the yellow and black wires on a molex connector.][/quote]

I have no idea! Letting it run overnight, the voltage swings have increased

VIN1=.09
VIN3=.42v
12v=.22v

franchise

Distinguished
May 13, 2008
Mine is having very similar issues, but I didnt have the voltage swings. I replaced the PSU and am still having the problem, weird intermittent issues like this seem to me like it is usually the mobo,

gorgerax

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2006

I think it is usually one or the other, so I already replaced the mobo. For several weeks, it seemed to fix the problem. But now they are starting back up. Nevermind...I already ordered a new PSU...will be here Wednesday.

Thanks!