Is AMD Pulling an nVidia? Or just copying following Intel Again?

http://www.extremetech.com/article2/0,2845,2349022,00.asp

"I haven't seen the [Intel branding] announcement," Sobon said. "I'll take a look at it; if it looks really good, I'll be happy to copy it. I'm serious when I say that. I'm happy to."

"Seriously, in all honesty, we should all be looking at that," Sobon said of Intel's decision. "And so I'll take a look at what they're doing, and if it makes sense for us, we'll get it all down. Why not?"

wuzy

Distinguished
Jun 1, 2009
No way d00d! :p
You see how lazy I'm these days on the forum compared to my past activity? It's like barely 15psts/day now, lol.
Well, not exactly lazy, just a lot more self-studying to do during spare time and no longer having the free time of a student during weekdays. Being a SA is hard work and I still consider myself a n00b at it.

About what Sobon said. Seriously, someone needs to put a sock in that guys mouth! (or AMD needs to fire him) Their PR guys really need to have a brain of their own, and their marketing department can't think for sh*t. For once they're starting to get it right with Phenom II marketing, sort of.

AMD, currently reduced to competing solely on price, would indeed be better off if there were no brand names to "confuse the consumer" lol.

The lady is just telling the truth.

Odd, that.

Like most marketing people she probably knows nothing about the product.

Arts majors .... sheesh.

Then again ... ever seen a brochure or an article written by an engineer??

The pictures have no smiling people in them and the text is unable to be understood by humans.

About as interesting as a retraction in the paper, or the fine print on your insurance policy.

AMD would be better off using a football or car racing commentator to market their products.

Just not Formula 1 .... that was sad.

TRENDING THREADS