Sign in with
Your question

How far can you overclock on average?

Last response: in Overclocking
November 8, 2010 2:40:13 AM

Ok. So I have a NVDIA Geforce 6150LE integrated video card with stock speeds of 425MHz (core) and 566 MHz (memory). Since I do not want to overclock the memory clock (as it borrows memory from RAM and my RAM runs at 566 MHz so no point), how far would I be able to stably overclock the core clock (on average without extra cooling- I'm using air cooling) I have it overclocked stably currently at 467 MHz core clock (ran Furmark for 45 minutes each day for three days, as well as did an hour of intense gaming, and ran PCMark05 all with no errors), but I was wondering how far it can go? I've already tried 472 MHz and it ran good, but I could hear the fan somewhat whining, and at 475 MHz, I got a blue screen on shutdown (but not on any stress tests).

Also, at 467 MHz, my nForce temperature according to NVIDIA System Monitor is around 41-45C @ idle and 54C around 40 minutes into Furmark stress test, and I'm wondering if that is good? Remember, its an integrated video card.

But I still want to try for 500 MHz core clock, as many report being able to reach 525 MHz core on the GeForce 6100 integrated card(which is identical in clock/memory speeds as well fillrates and DirectX/OpenGL versions).

So, how much, in terms of percent (%), have you've all been able to overclock your GPU clock speeds without having to install extra cooling? (For me, from 425 MHz core clock to 467 MHz core is about a 10% increase)

More about : overclock average

a b U Graphics card
a b K Overclocking
November 14, 2010 8:22:17 AM

You will not be able to overclock that GPU enough to see a performance gain, without melting everything in a 6 inch radius. It's not made for overclocking and your cooling will not keep it stable - hence the blue screen.
m
l
!