* Install the service pack to download Direct X 10.1 for Windows Vista, Windows Update Services using a registry hack. which you can read it here Hack tips for Windows Vista Services Pack 1 for DirectX 10.1
Instructions to active Directx 10.1 on Windows vista:
1) Save this text file as File.cmd
2) Then run the batch file with elevated administrator privileges.
3) Install and reboot the computer after installing each update: KB935509, KB937287 and KB93837.
4) After the final reboot, you will get the option to download Windows Vista SP1 in Windows Update.
5) Verify that you have DirectX 10.1 by running dxdiag from the command prompt.
it didn't work for me
is their any direct download i can do to just install it or anything please reply
My Vista came with sp1 on the dvd
Eg vista x64 sp1 dvd and i have direct x 10 and not 10.1 that's my problem i want 10.1
You have 10.1.
Trust me. If you don't believe it, download this and try it. This program will not work without 10.1: if it works, you have it. You do need compatible hardware though - it will only work if you have an ATI Radeon HD3000 series or newer.