Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Under or Overvoltaged CPU Causing BlueScreen?

Last response: in CPUs
Share
June 20, 2009 1:43:03 AM

About 2 days ago I began getting bluescreens after I installed Gigabyte's Easy Tune 6, and some window's updates. This was abnormal because I never received a blue screen except I undervoltaged my cpu by too much. I only undervoltaged it by one level or down button, until today everything ran fine until I got the bluescreen with this error. :pfff: 

BCCode : 1000008e BCP1 : C0000005 BCP2 : A39BE23A BCP3 : BA50F698
BCP4 : 00000000 OSVer : 5_1_2600 SP : 3_0 Product : 256_1

I don't think its the cpu, because it runs cool...
Any help>?

Thanks :) 
June 20, 2009 1:57:18 AM

weirdmystery said:
About 2 days ago I began getting bluescreens after I installed Gigabyte's Easy Tune 6, and some window's updates. This was abnormal because I never received a blue screen except I undervoltaged my cpu by too much. I only undervoltaged it by one level or down button, until today everything ran fine until I got the bluescreen with this error. :pfff: 

BCCode : 1000008e BCP1 : C0000005 BCP2 : A39BE23A BCP3 : BA50F698
BCP4 : 00000000 OSVer : 5_1_2600 SP : 3_0 Product : 256_1

I don't think its the cpu, because it runs cool...
Any help>?

Thanks :) 


What processor
What votage
What FSB
What Multiplyer

Those are needed so we can help u

Uber :D 
June 20, 2009 2:00:25 AM

The AMD X4 940
1.344
Around 1808.56
15


Related resources
June 20, 2009 2:04:53 AM

weirdmystery said:
The AMD X4 940
1.344
Around 1808.56
15


When are u bluescreening

At startup, during loading windows, on desktop, running games, watching videos??

i dont have much experience with AMD CPU's but i hope i can help

Uber :D 
June 20, 2009 2:09:34 AM

I usually get a bluescreen just after I enter my password. When I undervoltaged it too much it was right after the windows loading bar disappears.
June 20, 2009 2:32:29 AM

weirdmystery said:
Bump...


???

ne ways that was happening to me when i was OC ing my Pentium Dual E2200(2.2 GHZ)

finally got the courage to bump my voltage from my current 1.35 to 1.45 and BOOOM, worked well

no bluescreened or wierd acting computer lol

find the safest MAX voltage ur CPU can handle (ie if it can handle 1.5 try 1.4 first)

hope this helps

Uber :D 
June 20, 2009 2:43:54 AM

Well this never happened until I installed some windows updates I'm going to wait for more... I'm scared of up voltaging it because it hovers at 45C which seems very high to me..
June 20, 2009 2:50:25 AM

weirdmystery said:
Well this never happened until I installed some windows updates I'm going to wait for more... I'm scared of up voltaging it because it hovers at 45C which seems very high to me..


*whistles* thats high for Idle or is that ur idle??

Uber :D 
June 20, 2009 2:54:00 AM

Thats my idle, I think they put the IHS badly... I used arctic Silver 5
June 20, 2009 3:22:25 AM

I'm gonna flash my bios to see what happens...
June 21, 2009 2:10:47 AM

weirdmystery said:
About 2 days ago I began getting bluescreens after I installed Gigabyte's Easy Tune 6, ...

That's your problem -- the overclocking/control software that comes with these MBs always causes problems. Just make your settings in the BIOS and you'll be fine.
June 21, 2009 2:12:28 AM

Quote:
...45c is not high for idle ... Idle temps mean nothing, you only need to pay attention to load temps.

While load temps are more important, 45C IS a high idle temp and means something is not quite right with the cooling system.
June 21, 2009 5:40:03 PM

Mondoman said:
While load temps are more important, 45C IS a high idle temp and means something is not quite right with the cooling system.


Thanks for the reassurance

Uber :D 
!