GB EX58 EXTREME
COREI7 920
6GB DDR3-1333
GB 720W PSU
EVGA 9800GTX+
500GB SATA HDD
SAMSUNG DVDRW
CM690 NV EDITION CASE

Today i was trying to install wnXP pro, 32bit edition, which is completely compatible with my hardware.

it got to about 24 mins left, then the pc reboots and restarts setup.

eventually it pulled through, and everything ran smooth and very fast. i installed all the drivers and everything, then XPSP3..............

it gave me the horrid blue screen at restart, and i formatted and reran XP setup. now it crashes and restarts every time at 13 mins left, as soon as it starts registering components.

help me please.

my email is wynandbb@yahoo.com

foolycooly

Distinguished
Dec 26, 2008
my guess would be a corrupted install disc. Did you fully format your hdd before the reinstall? If you do, and you consistently have a problem installing, there really isn't any other possibility.

just buy a 64 bit Vista OS

32 bit XP will only be able to use arounf 3.3 gig of your total system RAM . Including your gfx card you have 6.5 gig of RAM and half of it will be doing nothing .

If your xp disc is original or just SP1 its going to get complicated so at the risk of making like an echo just buy Vista 64 bit

If you have issues installing vista you have a hardware problem . Possibly hard drive , or possibly RAM

TRENDING THREADS