Sign in with
Your question

Help me overclock get the most of this dell dim4400

Tags:
  • Overclocking
  • Dell
Last response: in Overclocking
November 8, 2010 10:42:24 PM

http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s232/pazsion/silldim...

it can be done!

pls no "it can't be done!" buy a new pc here..

this is a brookdale based chipset.. in the full intel suit.. it is highly overclockable and stable..

In the past i've been able to find a pll set similar to the dell system.. like a toshiba laptop pll for the dell b110.. using setfsb again.. i was able to get that system beyond 3.6ghz.. it was awesome.. it used a similar chipset..

same cpu, diffrent board.

the bios detects / restricts it to 2.10ghz or inaccurately reports it to be this..
so actual clock speeds could be much higher.. i dunno..

for all i know it is at 2.8ghz, but detect as this, and then when i do the overclock using these settings.. which are the only ones i've found to actually change the speeds.. and give me a stable boost in performace.. it might actually be going to 2.9 or 3.0 ghz..

i'm restricted to using bootable floppies to flash bios.. i have not found other compatable intel or dell bios for more up to date cpu's that are allowed to install... since this is no longer under warranty.. or supported in any way by dell.. how do i get around their locking this out?

please recommend some idea for the bios as well..

Have you had success with other software and this board? dell or not? what were those settings?

also the voltages are way off.. it seems to be dynamically changeing it.. but detects at 3v's across the board.. cpu,pci,agp, and ram all run at 3v's =c

which should leave alot of room for over volting the board. to get better ram/cpu speeds..

i read somewhere that if the cpu supports 533/800mhz fsb.. which it does.. as well as HT.. there is a jumper to setup..

when i look at the board the pins for these jumpers are not there, j16 to j18 or something.. but holes are.. can someone here confirm what to do exactly? this is my only pc for now.. and i don't want to just go ahead and do something without a trusted source saying yea.. i did it.. this is how.. be careful here.. etc..

More about : overclock dell dim4400

a c 197 K Overclocking
November 9, 2010 10:53:11 PM

pazsion said:

.. and i don't want to just go ahead and do something without a trusted source saying yea.. i did it.. this is how.. be careful here.. etc..

So you are going to trust a stranger who gives you good sounding advice? :) 
m
l
November 12, 2010 2:38:50 AM

lol,

so then what is a good highly available- going to be manufactured for a long time, 915+
478 socket motherboard? that supports high end quad-six core xeons etc? Not sure if a 6 core 478 was made, i think i saw a xeon..

that would fit into the case.. and yea i happen to love this case.. and i can throw a padlock on it too..xD i need that
m
l
a b K Overclocking
November 12, 2010 9:59:01 AM

pazsion said:
lol,

so then what is a good highly available- going to be manufactured for a long time, 915+
478 socket motherboard? that supports high end quad-six core xeons etc? Not sure if a 6 core 478 was made, i think i saw a xeon..

:pt1cable:  Now that's funny
m
l
!