No Ram Count/Can't get into Bios/Monitor on and activated...no message

marker

Distinguished
Sep 1, 2009
Hello,

HELP!!! I'm working on a emachine w3050 w/a FIC Motherboard. It's a friend of mine's and before I even fired it up I pulled the hard drives out and scanned them externally using a usb tool. I removed the viruses by getting into system volume information and via regedt32. After I put the hard drives back in I'd get one long beep continuously....and the onboard video would not activate the monitor. I looked this up and found it to be a DRAM problem. I removed one of the RAMs, cleared the cmos, and fired it back up.

Now it activates the monitor when I boot it up but it's just a blank screen. Could I have erased the bios? Should I try installing a PCI Video card? Thanks in advance for anyone's help.

Marker

marker

Distinguished
Sep 1, 2009

I cleared the bios and now when I start it up the vga monitor comes on but nothing is displayed (explained in my original post). Using onboard video....no pci/pcie graphic card installed. Don't have the PC here with me otherwise I'd follow the steps in the link you sent me. All cables are connected. Any other feed back thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Thx,

Marker