Distinguished
Sep 1, 2009
I have a GA-MA69VM-S2 mobo
750w Cosair psu
2-2gig PNY 800 ram sticks
AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual core processor 3800+
Nividia GTX 260
Running 32bit XP home

This problem started the other day, I have had a few weeks of steady use and no problems with this machine. I go to run check disk two mornings ago, and screen went black. After a bit of fooling around I removed RAM 1 by 1 to find that one was fried. OR so i thought. I switch sticks and it seems the second ram port is dead. Internet would no longer connect, i got to network connections and its EMPTY! There are no icons in it any more and it wont set up new connection. The lan port in the back has the lights on steady and no flashing? I have full formated TWO times and reloaded TWO versions of XP home. And still when I boot up no network connections. I go to device manager, and its hiding the network card? It does not have a question mark, it has the proper drivers, of which I uninstalled and reinstalled numerous times. I am at a complete loss for what is going on. All i ever did was play one game on the system. Just TF2 its the only reason i built this computer, for that one game. So no screwing around on the internet occurred or downloading any junk. I got a macbook for that crap. Please any help would be GREATLY appreciated... i really do not wanna part this out and start over..... Im not very computer savvy, but any questions you have that i can answer to help you give an answer, ill do the best i can.

**for mods**
And on a side note, if any mods are reading this. I registered for an account under nIkbot, activated it, filled in the info, blah blah, As soon as i click forum it tells me invalid username or password and redirects me to profile settings... even tho it says I am signed in, in top right corner... Also where is gigabyte under sub-category with Motherboards & Memory..... ? I see it under the forum sections but when its asking for sub-category it only goes to Foxconn.... not having the General Motherboard, or Gigabyte option. im clicking chipsets & Bios because of no proper options listed. I hope the right people read all of this......

hellwig

Distinguished
May 29, 2008
If you reinstalled windows and the network adapter didn't come back, sounds like a hardware failure to me. If you blew out a memory slot, it sounds like your motherboard is bad. Whatever caused that to fail probably killed your network adapter as well. I would try to replace the motherboard.

nIkbot

Distinguished
Sep 1, 2009
Thank you Hellwig.

I just wanted to hear it from someone else... i have no computer experience and did not wanna just start claiming i know what the hell is wrong...

Thank you again. This just gave me an excuse to start upgrades :)

TRENDING THREADS