Ram latency and ram frequency

Solution
Not really, I was in a similar situation as you a while back. The only difference i saw between the two was in video encoding, where the higher bandwidth ram was faster. For gaming you wont notice a difference. Ideally go for a mixture of the two, highest stable frequency with the lowest stable timings. Might take some time tinkering, but might be worth it.

sashika

Distinguished
Aug 27, 2010
my system is quite stable after a 50% oc and am running corsair xms2 1066 ram which get unstable and screw up my oc the moment i try to manually set the frequency ( even to 800) . So now am running it at 400 - 4-4-4-12 . So basically there is no point in me trying to get 5-5-5-15 1066 eh . Rig only used for games.

cm2x2048-8500c5 is the ram
and p5ql-pro is my mobo (p43)

sportsfanboy

Distinguished
Not really, I was in a similar situation as you a while back. The only difference i saw between the two was in video encoding, where the higher bandwidth ram was faster. For gaming you wont notice a difference. Ideally go for a mixture of the two, highest stable frequency with the lowest stable timings. Might take some time tinkering, but might be worth it.

Solution