CMOS reset of U100

G

How can I make a hardware reset of the CMOS of an U100 netbook. I tried to remove the battery, but it didnt work.

You need to get to the motherboard, and also remove the battery that protects CMOS.

I did a quick scan of your manual, and couldn't find any info on how to disassemble your U100 to get at the motherboard.

G

I found the manual, then removed the battery for 10 minutes, but it didn't reset. I read somewhere, that the bios settings are stored in som NVRAM. How do I reset it

You removed the battery from the laptop, but NOT the battery on the motherboard that protects CMOS. They are two different batteries, and both must be removed.

After removing both batteries (and the power cord obviously), press "power on" a few times to help drain any power left inside, then wait 15 minutes.

Replace the CMOS battery, then the main battery. CMOS should now be reset.

G

I Said that I removed the battery. I mean the PROPER batery. And it didn't reset. Iam not doing this for first time.

Sorry, you sounded very much like it was your first time. Otherwise, you might have taken the time to say "I removed the CMOS battery". Since you did not, I had to check.

That should clear CMOS, since it has no power. So, what makes you think CMOS was not cleared?

djDTX

Distinguished
Dec 20, 2011
Paano mag reset ng CMOS? nako ang dali lang poh yan... Kunin mo yong motherboard tapos ilagay mo sa baldeng tubig.. (syempre po shorted na lahat poh) pagkatapos ibilad sa araw hanggang sa matuyo, o kung may blower kayo eh pwede... oh totaly reset na poh yan...