GA-EP45-UD3P and Vista 64 bit install

GEOJO2

Distinguished
Aug 1, 2009
I have been trying to install Vista 64bit with no luck for weeks on a new build. After the install the vista I keep coming up with blue screen errors!
All I want is just a simple install with one sata connected HD and a IDE connected DVD-R DVD BURNER. I do not want to partition my HD or any thing like that (just something simple with simple actions to take). There is nothing like this in the manual. The gigabite manual keeps referring to RAIDS etc., loading drivers during the install etc. Do i have to do this ?????????????????
I know how to edit the bios, and load drivers with no problem

Also, I just reformated the HD back to O's and reset the Bios.. But at the bottom of the CMOS Utility window, It says I have to "CHANGE CPU'S CLOCK AND VOLTAGE". What does this mean????

Can someone please give me the install process.

My Computer specs.

Case: Antec Sonata 3
Power Supply: Corsair 650W
Intel Core2 Quad 9550 2.83GHs LGA 775 95W
Gigabite EP45-UD3P Motherboard
G Skill 4GB (2X2 GB) 240 PIN DDR2 SDRAM 1066
WD 1TB HD
Zalman CNP 9500 Cooling Fan
GeForce GTX 260 Video Card (OVERCLOCKED)
Samsung 22X DVD+R IDE cable connected

GEOJO2

Distinguished
Aug 1, 2009
At the start when installing i was I was getting pool errrors. Then I tried with 1 stick ram and the install went thru. I then added the other stick. Later while in windows, a blue screen would flash for a second and then shut down, reboot, and come up with a option for safe mode etc. sometimes it would not get up to past the password and then shutdown without any screen and reboot.

right now i have 2 sticks of ram in and I set their voltage to 2.000..(specs) I will see what happens when i try to install vista.