Sign in with
Your question

EVGA FF code

Last response: in Motherboards
September 2, 2009 2:28:49 AM

Hi guys and gals,

I was in the process of helping my friend move his computer about all of 5 feet to the right. So we got everything unplugged and whatnot. So I started plugging things back in, starting with the monitor, and the power, the wireless mouse & keyboard card was still in so that wasn't an issue. So I turned in on and it was looking all fine and dandy. It booted up all normal. No problems to far. So I started to tackle the sound. He has a box looking thing that required some power, so in the process of plugging it into the strip my elbow hit the power on the strip. So the computer naturally turned off. So I figured that it shouldn't be an issue. So for good measure I hit the power button on the front of the computer. Then turned the strip back on and tried to turn it on. And nothing, so I thought maybe the power cord could use a toggling so I made sure it was snug, yes it was fine. Still nothing. So I opened it up and started to unplug and replug cords in, and after awhile I manged to get it to turn on, but the motherboard was reading FF code. With no monitor display, I also have a very long series of beeps, 20 perhaps. The next thing on the list is to go buy a cheap video card and see if it works with that. But nothing has been bought yet, so please let me know if you have any thoughts or comments on things I can try.

Things I've done:

Taken out the ram leaving one stick at a time, and booting attempt.
Switched power cords, no improvements with anything.
Tried unplugging and replugging everything.
Switching monitors

Things to try:

Current Status:

Turns on
EVGA motherboard reads "FF"
many beeps
No monitor display

More about : evga code

!