Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Media player V1.0 for palm-size PC

Last response: in Cell Phones & Smartphones
Share
Anonymous
January 13, 2005 4:49:08 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.pocketpc.multimedia (More info?)

What happend to Media Player V1.0 for palm-size PC. There use to be a link to
download the free version on 1.0, but the link is gone. Does anyone have a
copy of this program. I have an old Cassiopeia E-100 and want to install the
free copy of Media Player. I lost all my information off my hand held and
want to get it back.

Can any one help me???

the old link use to be

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowsmedia/en/downlo...

and now this is gone.

Please help
Thanks

More about : media player palm size

Anonymous
January 14, 2005 4:41:03 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.pocketpc.multimedia (More info?)

Here is another link that is not wroking. This is exactly the file I'm
looking for and I don't know why you would remove the link. I know that they
have updated this to version 1.2, but that version will not install on CE
2.11.

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;255985

I guess there is no way to get that old of a program,
I'm still looking



"chrstnsnjp" wrote:

> What happend to Media Player V1.0 for palm-size PC. There use to be a link to
> download the free version on 1.0, but the link is gone. Does anyone have a
> copy of this program. I have an old Cassiopeia E-100 and want to install the
> free copy of Media Player. I lost all my information off my hand held and
> want to get it back.
>
> Can any one help me???
>
> the old link use to be
>
> http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowsmedia/en/downlo...
>
> and now this is gone.
>
> Please help
> Thanks
>
>
Anonymous
January 14, 2005 7:57:48 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.pocketpc.multimedia (More info?)

"chrstnsnjp" <chrstnsnjp@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:454AA3E4-6FB4-46E1-ADE9-83DF484CA347@microsoft.com...
>
> I guess there is no way to get that old of a program,
> I'm still looking
>


There have been quite a few alternatives to media player produced since
then - have you tried any of these on that platform?
Related resources
Anonymous
January 14, 2005 9:12:29 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.pocketpc.multimedia (More info?)

Yes it looks to have been pulled, I'll ask around. It might be worth
posting on the pocketpc.binaries newsgroup, somebody might have a
version archived (which is a good move with the downloads from MS).

Cheers - Neil

On Thu, 13 Jan 2005 13:49:08 -0800, "chrstnsnjp"
<chrstnsnjp@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>What happend to Media Player V1.0 for palm-size PC. There use to be a link to
>download the free version on 1.0, but the link is gone. Does anyone have a
>copy of this program. I have an old Cassiopeia E-100 and want to install the
>free copy of Media Player. I lost all my information off my hand held and
>want to get it back.
>
>Can any one help me???
>
>the old link use to be
>
>http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowsmedia/en/downlo...
>
>and now this is gone.
>
>Please help
>Thanks
>
Anonymous
January 15, 2005 1:45:27 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.pocketpc.multimedia (More info?)

OK they said "it's not supported" which is why they pulled it. I'm
still arguing the toss over whether there should be an 'unsupported
downloads' site ;-)

IMO notification should be provided on the download page, and left
there for 6 months. Then the download should be pulled if there's no
user feedback. What happens currently is a new release is made, and
several months later lots of old stuff just vanishes. Not really ideal
IMO.

If you do find it on .binaries or on a d/l site, verify the file's OK
and I'll host it if I can.

Cheers - Neil

On Fri, 14 Jan 2005 13:41:03 -0800, "chrstnsnjp"
<chrstnsnjp@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Here is another link that is not wroking. This is exactly the file I'm
>looking for and I don't know why you would remove the link. I know that they
>have updated this to version 1.2, but that version will not install on CE
>2.11.
>
>http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;255985
>
>I guess there is no way to get that old of a program,
>I'm still looking
>
>
>
>"chrstnsnjp" wrote:
>
>> What happend to Media Player V1.0 for palm-size PC. There use to be a link to
>> download the free version on 1.0, but the link is gone. Does anyone have a
>> copy of this program. I have an old Cassiopeia E-100 and want to install the
>> free copy of Media Player. I lost all my information off my hand held and
>> want to get it back.
>>
>> Can any one help me???
>>
>> the old link use to be
>>
>> http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowsmedia/en/downlo...
>>
>> and now this is gone.
>>
>> Please help
>> Thanks
>>
>>
Anonymous
January 17, 2005 10:49:02 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.pocketpc.multimedia (More info?)

Thanks for your time Neil, I found a copy of this program this weekend. I had
to search all of my home back-up CD's but I found it. So if anyone wants a
copy of this program, email me at:

chrstnsnjp@yahoo.com

Hopefully I'm not the only one who wants this program.

"Neil Smith [MVP Digital Media]" wrote:

> OK they said "it's not supported" which is why they pulled it. I'm
> still arguing the toss over whether there should be an 'unsupported
> downloads' site ;-)
>
> IMO notification should be provided on the download page, and left
> there for 6 months. Then the download should be pulled if there's no
> user feedback. What happens currently is a new release is made, and
> several months later lots of old stuff just vanishes. Not really ideal
> IMO.
>
> If you do find it on .binaries or on a d/l site, verify the file's OK
> and I'll host it if I can.
>
> Cheers - Neil
>
> On Fri, 14 Jan 2005 13:41:03 -0800, "chrstnsnjp"
> <chrstnsnjp@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> >Here is another link that is not wroking. This is exactly the file I'm
> >looking for and I don't know why you would remove the link. I know that they
> >have updated this to version 1.2, but that version will not install on CE
> >2.11.
> >
> >http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;255985
> >
> >I guess there is no way to get that old of a program,
> >I'm still looking
> >
> >
> >
> >"chrstnsnjp" wrote:
> >
> >> What happend to Media Player V1.0 for palm-size PC. There use to be a link to
> >> download the free version on 1.0, but the link is gone. Does anyone have a
> >> copy of this program. I have an old Cassiopeia E-100 and want to install the
> >> free copy of Media Player. I lost all my information off my hand held and
> >> want to get it back.
> >>
> >> Can any one help me???
> >>
> >> the old link use to be
> >>
> >> http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowsmedia/en/downlo...
> >>
> >> and now this is gone.
> >>
> >> Please help
> >> Thanks
> >>
> >>
>
>
Anonymous
January 23, 2005 12:16:24 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.pocketpc.multimedia (More info?)

there seems to be a total lack of old MS software.... we have some old
pencentra computers etc and would like to mess with them.... maybe someone
needs to start a good stash archives site for some of these things...


--
Thanks Ed Sharpe archivist for SMECC

Please check our web site at
http://www.smecc.org
to see other engineering fields, communications and computation stuff we
buy, and by all means when in Arizona drop in and see us.

address:

coury house / smecc
5802 w palmaire ave
glendale az 85301



"chrstnsnjp" <chrstnsnjp@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:B030250B-AFC6-41C2-8E8C-4B4F1A590A4D@microsoft.com...
> Thanks for your time Neil, I found a copy of this program this weekend. I
> had
> to search all of my home back-up CD's but I found it. So if anyone wants a
> copy of this program, email me at:
>
> chrstnsnjp@yahoo.com
>
> Hopefully I'm not the only one who wants this program.
>
> "Neil Smith [MVP Digital Media]" wrote:
>
>> OK they said "it's not supported" which is why they pulled it. I'm
>> still arguing the toss over whether there should be an 'unsupported
>> downloads' site ;-)
>>
>> IMO notification should be provided on the download page, and left
>> there for 6 months. Then the download should be pulled if there's no
>> user feedback. What happens currently is a new release is made, and
>> several months later lots of old stuff just vanishes. Not really ideal
>> IMO.
>>
>> If you do find it on .binaries or on a d/l site, verify the file's OK
>> and I'll host it if I can.
>>
>> Cheers - Neil
>>
>> On Fri, 14 Jan 2005 13:41:03 -0800, "chrstnsnjp"
>> <chrstnsnjp@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>>
>> >Here is another link that is not wroking. This is exactly the file I'm
>> >looking for and I don't know why you would remove the link. I know that
>> >they
>> >have updated this to version 1.2, but that version will not install on
>> >CE
>> >2.11.
>> >
>> >http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;255985
>> >
>> >I guess there is no way to get that old of a program,
>> >I'm still looking
>> >
>> >
>> >
>> >"chrstnsnjp" wrote:
>> >
>> >> What happend to Media Player V1.0 for palm-size PC. There use to be a
>> >> link to
>> >> download the free version on 1.0, but the link is gone. Does anyone
>> >> have a
>> >> copy of this program. I have an old Cassiopeia E-100 and want to
>> >> install the
>> >> free copy of Media Player. I lost all my information off my hand held
>> >> and
>> >> want to get it back.
>> >>
>> >> Can any one help me???
>> >>
>> >> the old link use to be
>> >>
>> >> http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowsmedia/en/downlo...
>> >>
>> >> and now this is gone.
>> >>
>> >> Please help
>> >> Thanks
>> >>
>> >>
>>
>>
Anonymous
January 23, 2005 2:56:19 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.pocketpc.multimedia (More info?)

Yeah I'd agree. Maybe Clinton has a bit of spare hosting space, I'm
sure he has a lot of the old H/PC programs hanging about ;-)

Cheers - Neil

On Sat, 22 Jan 2005 21:16:24 -0700, "ed sharpe" <esharpe@uswest.net>
wrote:

>there seems to be a total lack of old MS software.... we have some old
>pencentra computers etc and would like to mess with them.... maybe someone
>needs to start a good stash archives site for some of these things...
Anonymous
January 23, 2005 2:56:20 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.pocketpc.multimedia (More info?)

aside from these older units being on display at the museum, we do like to
make them do some tricks and play with them! I wonder what everyone might
have stashed away on old cd's disks etc.....


--
Thanks Ed Sharpe archivist for SMECC

Please check our web site at
http://www.smecc.org
to see other engineering fields, communications and computation stuff we
buy, and by all means when in Arizona drop in and see us.

address:

coury house / smecc
5802 w palmaire ave
glendale az 85301



"Neil Smith [MVP Digital Media]" <neil@nospam.com> wrote in message
news:4b57v09bb6deeg5806bc4mla5t246h57ek@4ax.com...
> Yeah I'd agree. Maybe Clinton has a bit of spare hosting space, I'm
> sure he has a lot of the old H/PC programs hanging about ;-)
>
> Cheers - Neil
>
> On Sat, 22 Jan 2005 21:16:24 -0700, "ed sharpe" <esharpe@uswest.net>
> wrote:
>
>>there seems to be a total lack of old MS software.... we have some old
>>pencentra computers etc and would like to mess with them.... maybe
>>someone
>>needs to start a good stash archives site for some of these things...
>
!