G

my pc configuration is
PentiumD 820 (S) DC 2.8 GHz
800 MHz front side bus
motherboard name: Asterope2-GL8E
2 GB DDR2 ram
Hard drive 160 GB SATA 7200 rpm
GeForce 7300LE 64 MB DDR memory

will geforce 8500 or 8600 512mb ram will work on my pc?
will there be a power supply problem?
if the fbs speed of pc is less tham graphic card overclock speed does any problem occur?
any other good card someone can suggest? what about 9400 will it work?????

Right lets start again,
PC specs,
The motherboard has a PCIE slot i think ? and its got a X200 chipset ? Just so we know we are both talking about the same board.
If th eabove is correct then there is no reason why the mentioned cards wont work.
Will there be a power problem ? Well that depends on the power supply and if i take a guess we are talking about a generic Power supply that came with the PC ? Can you take the side off the case and see what teh Power supply has listed for the +12v Rails/s. A card that dosent have an extra power connection should work fine but its best to check.

The FSB has nothing to do with the Graphics card, You can cause issues with the GPU when overclocking the CPU but the GPU speed dosent matter to the FSB.
The fastest card that will run without a power connector is the HD4670, That would be slowed by your CPU though.
Look up the motherboard website and see what CPU'sthe board supports, you may be able to put a cheap core 2 in to it.

Mactronix

indigoataxia

Distinguished
Apr 22, 2008
will geforce 8500 or 8600 512mb ram will work on my pc?
will there be a power supply problem?
if the fbs speed of pc is less tham graphic card overclock speed does any problem occur?
any other good card someone can suggest? what about 9400 will it work?????

Any pci express graphics card will work on your pc, depending on your power supply. However without upgrading your processor I wouldn't think a card over $100 would benefit. Your PC would most likely bottleneck at around a HD4670.

Of the cards you listed, the 8600GT would be the best. However without knowing your power supply specs I would recommend the HD4670, or even a HD4650, for compatability. Judging from your motherboard, you probably have a HP or Compaq Desktop, and your power supply is probably around 400w.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814102820