Your question
Solved

International warranties.

Tags:
  • Asus
  • Motherboards
Last response: in Motherboards
September 2, 2009 2:04:43 PM

I Was just wondering if ASUS has international warranty for their Mobos and if not what other brands d you suggest and have it!!.

That's because I'll ship it to Egypt and when i asked in the "Home-built Systems" they advised me to ask for each Component individual in its own section.

Help much appreciated.

Regards.

More about : international warranties

a b Ĉ ASUS
a c 304 V Motherboard
September 2, 2009 3:12:32 PM

All electronics and computers parts have international warranty. I bought from Colombia on newegg, and the warranty was given to me without problems.
m
l
September 2, 2009 3:28:17 PM

Yes but i'm talking about Asus's warranty as in their site it's said that it's provided only for laptops and Eee books so what's about the mobos and don't forget that i live in Egypt and that would complicate things a bit for NewEgg as i'm not purchasing them here but shipping them aboard.

Regards.
m
l
Related resources
a b Ĉ ASUS
a c 304 V Motherboard
September 2, 2009 6:58:48 PM

uhhmmm big problem, why you don't call to ASUS or send an email an ask if the mobo have warranty? how you said, in the web page don't say anything about this...
m
l
September 2, 2009 7:02:50 PM

I'll try that but it'll take sometime thanks anyway.

Any more ideas hmmmmm. .

Thanks again.
Regards.
m
l
September 2, 2009 7:19:32 PM

Oh then could you please provide the E-mail for their customer support or the link to live text chat.

Beside i haven't done that before so go easy on me (one more thing is it legal for 14s to contact companies??!)

Regards.

EDIT: I was advised to so....... .
m
l
a b Ĉ ASUS
a b V Motherboard
September 2, 2009 7:44:08 PM

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=asus+live+support.html&l=1
or
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=asus+customer+service+contact&l=1

Always remember that Google is your friend :p 

I highly doubt they will care what age you are and no, it is not illegal for you to contact customer service.
I also highly doubt they will deny your warranty because you bought it in a different territory.
As long as you can prove you bought it (a copy of the emailed invoice is all you really need) you are good to go.
m
l
September 2, 2009 7:54:44 PM

Thanks again ;)  !.

But unfortunately Your live chat link requires a 1. product model and 2. serial no. (product's) which i don't have because i still didn't purchase :whistle:  .

Regards.
m
l
September 2, 2009 8:10:22 PM

Yes thanks but it's not clear if they provide global warranty for mobos as it may require them to have branchs all over the world to be named international warranty while providing it "partial" for territories that have branchs for specific items.

Regards.
m
l
a b Ĉ ASUS
a c 304 V Motherboard
September 2, 2009 8:26:05 PM

You don't read right?.... read carefully and the answer is there
m
l
September 2, 2009 8:31:51 PM

saint19 said:
You don't read right?.... read carefully and the answer is there

Just calm down OK, I've read it before you even post it but my question is very simple: Can I maintain warranty service in a country other than the one i purchased from if it (the destination country) has a qualified Branch.

Regards.
m
l
a b Ĉ ASUS
a c 304 V Motherboard
September 2, 2009 8:38:39 PM

ok, you can...

"This warranty information does not apply to OEM products. Besides for ASUS Notebook, products like motherboard, VGA, ODD, mobile phone, PDA, etc does not offer global warranty service. If your motherboard, VGA or ODD is purchased outside the country and needed service, it will incur an extra service charge by ASUS and the warranty is also not covered. If the product is found unable to repair, please kindly seek warranty service from your original vendor"
m
l

Best solution

a b Ĉ ASUS
a c 156 V Motherboard
September 2, 2009 8:54:56 PM

You will need to read the terms of agreement very closely. Years ago, I bought an HP (international brand, right?) notebok in the U.S. It needed warranty work while I was in Saudi Arabia. Local HP service center would not touch the computer because I did not buy it locally.
a b Ĉ ASUS
a c 304 V Motherboard
September 2, 2009 9:05:23 PM

^He is right, so if you buy the mobo outside of your country, the warranty don't apply in a local service center...the warranty is only valid in the city where you bought the mobo.
m
l
September 2, 2009 9:26:53 PM

^ Just Great :pfff:  :??:  :(  !!

Anyway thanks.

Regards.
m
l
a b Ĉ ASUS
a c 304 V Motherboard
September 2, 2009 9:32:21 PM

^ok, not problem....IMO you can buy the mobo and if you have a problem, return it to the seller for the warranty. I'm from Colombia and I bought my proccessor, my RAM, and my GPU in USA and I don't have any problem until now.
m
l
September 2, 2009 9:36:15 PM

^ Well the problem is I don't feel that lucky (unfortunately).

Regards.

Note: Didn't refresh early enough.
m
l
!