Need Real Good Advice!!!! New Machine..

blackmatchstick

Distinguished
Mar 18, 2009
Hello to everyone i am new here!!!
with you all experts here i need help....with building a new machine

1st my budget $600 not a penny more....(all inclusive of cpu,mobo,ram,2x17" lcd monitors and power supply, excluding keyboard and mouse )
2nd i am not a gamer, i am a music composer so all i would be doing is music production and a bit of games (halo,crysis,C&C e.t.c ...)
3rd please avoid Gigabyte and MSI preferably Intel and ASUS.
4th i dont want to overclock any thing cuz i do not know how to do it and i really dont want to...
5th i want a Graphic card also
6th OS would be Windows XP Pro SP2 32bit

the explanation

As i said i am a music composer this new machine would be used for music production and sometimes for games in my free time.
what i thought is to go with core 2 duo 45 nm e8400 3.0 ghz processor which is fair for me...now i really dont know which mobo would best
with it and which ram would be best suited, i thought of going with the corsair 4g ram however i dont know much about rams,ram kits, double side, single side, paired, synchron non-synchron if possible please explain, i know windows xp 32bit does not support more than 3.5ghz...so relax upon that.

i would be using all industry standard music softwares which are big time resource hungry when working with big projects......so please be advised.

i would love if u experts here would suggest/advice me or even build a real fast stable and a long time future ready reliable machine....

all my respects and many thanks in advance..... :)

MykC

Distinguished
Nov 24, 2008
Agreed, your asking for too much with too small of a budget. You either going have to increase your budget or decrease your demands.

blackmatchstick

Distinguished
Mar 18, 2009
OMG this is the only forum i have see with such quick replies
you guys are quick

"Fullmetall" i need an Intel Machine....
"MykC" i have the os with me so lets leave that, secondly i do need 2 monitors not just a big one.and i mentioned i really dont want to go for giga or msi just stick with Intel and Asus

and forgot to tell u i dont need HDD i already have it and not even the casing .....so that subtracts out of the budget.. i hope this helps a bit

blackmatchstick

Distinguished
Mar 18, 2009
and $600 = 30,000 INR as i stay in india so most of the computer parts are cheap here
and about gigabyte and msi the service arnt very good here in our country....

The HIS Video card you mentioned arnt available here too so its like ATI, XFX, NVIDIA would do
earlier XFX i had and i was happy with it.....

and friend i did not get this, what did u mean to say....
"If you want a build + 2 17" your out of luck on the crysis gaming then for the most part for a really good graphic."

battlemarz

Distinguished
Oct 13, 2008
Antec 300 - 55
Intel e5200 - 75
Asus P5QL Pro - 90
WD 320GB - 50
2x2GB Mushkin Ram - 40
HD 4830 - 90
PC Power & Cooling 420W - 60

Totals $460ish.

If you can find 2 monitors for 140 dollars then you are good to go.

Just what i came up with while bored before leaving work.

And what he meant was, it is not possible to build a computer for $600 including two monitors that will play Crysis well.

In my opinion you need to go to one monitor, or find some more money if you want to be able to game on this computer.

blackmatchstick

Distinguished
Mar 18, 2009
My friend "battlemarz"

i just mentioned i dont need the "CASING" , "HDD" and "OS"......and video cards would be preferably XFX, ATI....and friend i still dont get it as for the video card u suggested wont it be able to play crysis on dual monitor, why ?

orangegator

Distinguished
Mar 30, 2007
If you don't give people up front all the all the info about what parts you need and what you already have, how do you honestly expect people to help you? And since you're buying from India, where prices are different, and you place so many restrictions on what you will buy, you make it Impossible to give you any useful advice.

If you really want help, make a list of parts your found that you want to buy, and ask people if they are good or not

fullmetall

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2009
Give us some sites for India because, i know none,

What is a List of what you need, you say you have a case/HDD. do you have a mouse/keyboard/audio system?

For example.

MotherBoard: Which brands, Intel and ASUS

Memory: Dont know what you can buy in India. Give us some brands and sites.

PSU: Same thing, Brands you need.

Video Card: Brand, Intel, XFX.

Etc.. we need that kind of information and, having 2x 17" screens, will cut your budget really low.

Might need to look into an already pre-built computer.

blackmatchstick

Distinguished
Mar 18, 2009
"OrangeGator"

i agree upon your point, please dont get angry, however all the major famous brands are available in india....like ASUS, Intel, LG, Samsung, Corsair, ATI, XFX, OCZ, Coolermaster... i am really sorry if i said anything wrong friends.....its just i am confused so was asking for your help.....

"Fullmetall" the board P5QL Pro u suggested does not have a firewire which i really need sorry again for not thinking abt it an telling

blackmatchstick

Distinguished
Mar 18, 2009
ok "Fullmetall"i just update all what u require to know

Motherboard :- Only INTEL and ASUS
Memory :- Corsair and OCZ
PSU:- Coolermaster
Video Card:- XFX,ATI

and as u see here in india we dont buy things from the net we just collect the information abt the product and then go for shopping for the same.
that what i would like u to tell me....
my major concern is with the CPU MOBO and RAM i guess if these 3 components are good then machine is the best....i get confussed with the ram speed mobo speed and cpu speed compatiability...and if i cut down to a single monitor would u be able to suggest something.....and is this board ASUS bord good P5Q Turbo

sorry to trouble u so much..

fullmetall

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2009
The Asus P5Q PRO board should be fine,

Memory, look for tight timing in your price. Cas latency of 5 or 4. : 5-5-5-12(15) 4-4-4-12. 2x2gb = 4gb.

Coolermaster PSU hmmm..

Make sure its 80% efficiency. from 500w-550w/600w max unless you want to crossfire then look at 750w and has atleast 35-40a+ for 500w-600w, and 50a+ on 750w railing doesnt matter unless your overclocking then try and find a Single 12v rail.

Video Card: 8800 if you can find them in your area - 9600gt. Im sure you can't find a GTS 250 since there new so, 9800gtx+ is probably over the budget or just at the line, that will limit the x2 for card usage so, if you want ATI, 4830-4850 to enable crossfire for that board.

rapankzs

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2008
@blackmatchstick

yoh dude where the same, here in the Philippines buying in the net isn't so popular. So the best way to buy items is really to purchase it in your nearest computer store but the problem in buying is that you are limited because of the availability of the items.

blackmatchstick

Distinguished
Mar 18, 2009
Hey fellaz now am sorting out what u advised, ill soon get back to u after my selections are over....

|rapankazs|
"very right...its better to research over the internet and the shop from your local store cuz its fast and its easy...at stores u can check and get a hands on experience of what u buying...."

xthekidx

Splendid
Dec 24, 2008
I would strongly urge you to not use a Coolermaster PSU. Choose from Corsair, Seasonic, Silverstone, Antec, PC Power & Cooling brands.

Also for the work you do, a quad core CPU would be a much better fit. I would get a Phenom II on the 790GX chipset and just use onboard graphics...is gaming or your work more important to you? You can't build a computer that will adequately satisfy your gaming and work needs on that budget with two monitors included in the price...maybe if you already had the monitors. The 790gx chipset with onboard graphics will not play crysis, but would do alright in C&C, and Halo, so if you can live without crysis then that can work for you.

Any Particular reason it has to be an Intel Build and Asus or Intel motherboard? Unless you have a good reason like the programs you use aren't compatible or optimized for a core 2 chip, then I would strongly urge you to reconsider, as those kind of brand preferences severely limit your options, which is not something you should not do to yourself when working with such a tight budget.

blackmatchstick

Distinguished
Mar 18, 2009

||xthekidx||

first of all thanks for the response... as u mentioned for the psu by coolermaster, yes i am considering that only....secondly at the moment i really dont need a quad core thing...for the gaming i dont play much games but few and from those few, crysis is one, i am not a fan of onboard graphics sinc win 98 and i sometimes need to arrange music for adds and short films which i have load it on the machine, so i do need the graphic card....and for your last question "Intel Build and Asus or Intel motherboard" why? -- i have been using ASUS MOBO K8NE Deluxe earlier i did not find any problems with it until it now...and there are few of my stuff, which u too said will not be compatible....is another reason from many....

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Rest u all are right i do need to increase my budget so i think a $100 more would me enough.....and ill get back to u guys with my selections, for you experts to review it before i go in for it......

Thanks again all of u...

blackmatchstick

Distinguished
Mar 18, 2009
||FULLMETALL||

Friend is MSI ATI Radeon 4850 good or Palit ATI Radeon 4850....
and a u said Nvidia GTS 250 yes it is available here but bit pricey and secondly its SLI thing not crossfire and my mobo which u said ASUS P5Q Pro, supports ATI CrossFireX so on the later run if i ever plan to do a dual GPU thing ,would not it be a problem...
and Nvidia GTS 250 its being sold her by a company called Leadtek i dont know how good it is never heard of it....

Thanks

Latest posts