I have a question that someone can hopefully answer for me.
I am busy building a new system consisting of the following components.
1. Thermaltake Tsunami Dream case (This is my old case that is still in excellent condition and I do not need to upgrade or replace it)
2. Asus M4N72-E Motherboard
3. AMD Phenom II x4 940 Processor
4. OCZ DDR2 4096MB Reaper Heat-Pipe 1066MHz 2x2048MB Memory Kit
5. EVGA GTX285 OCC Graphics card
6. Corsair TX850W Power Supply
I already bought all of these components and they run great!! My problem though... I want to remove the stock cooler for the AMD Phenom II and replace it with the Coolermaster V8 cooler. Can anyone tell me if this cooler will fit inside the Tsunami Dream case? Did anybody build a rig with the same cooler and case before?
The case has that 80mm fan (according to an Xbit review), which are typically 25mm thick. Between that and the distance from the bottom of your HSF to the other side of the case, it might be a close shave.
Tsunami Dream =210mm
Coolermaster V8 = 161.1mm
80mm case fan = 25mm
diff = 210 - 161.1 - 25 = 23.9mm
I'd say you should be safe. Opposite side of case to top of CPU shouldn't be ~1 inch/~24mm. But, never hurts to measure.
Apparently that case is 8.3" wide. That's more than the Antec 900 (8.1"), so chances are every cooler that fits in the Antec 900 will fit in the Tsunami Dream too. I'd suggest a Xigmatek HDT-S1283 cooler. It's good, cheap, and it fits in the Antec 900.