September 2, 2009 10:08:18 PM

I'm currently running this current setup:

ASRock 939Dual_Sata2
AMD Athlon64 3200+ Venice
2x512MB Kingston PC3200
XFX 7900GS
250GB HDD

I want an experienced person's opinion.

Should I get the ASRock AM2CPU daughterboard? I've been seriously considering getting this daughterboard for an X2 CPU to get just a little bit more time out of this computer. What I want to know is, is it really worth my time and money to try to find a daughterboard and X2 CPU? I want to upgrade from a single core CPU to a dual core. Would it really be a big difference between a single core and a dual core? Is it worth buying the daughterboard or just buying a completely new computer? I'm already planning on building a new computer, but I wanted to keep this computer as well. Should I just save my money?

If it is worth upgrading I also need help with another thing. I've been searching and searching for the daughterboard but I can't seem to find one. So if anyone knows where I can find one please post a link here.

Thank you to those who give me their opinion on my situation.

More about : asrock 939dual sata2 upgrade

a c 80 V Motherboard
a b à CPUs
September 3, 2009 12:52:56 AM

Your old socket 939 board is not worth spending money on.
If you want to use it a second PC, that is fine, but use it as is.
I have never heard of the daughter board, or an adapter of any kind that would allow a AM2 CPU to work on a 939 board. Forget about it and just start over if you are going to spend any money. The old system is not worth it.
a c 436 V Motherboard
a c 160 à CPUs
a b δ ASRock
September 3, 2009 12:59:35 AM

Dual core 939 cpus are pricey now. Not worth the money. For the dual sata II daughter board, you still need ddr2; might as well change the motherboard for the same price. I couldn't find the daughter board. SuperBiz used to carry them, but sold out.
September 3, 2009 1:55:24 AM

I have 4 OCZ Reaper modules. The only thing im looking for is the daughter board and an old X2 CPU

To those that dont' know about the daughter board here is a link.