Sep 2, 2009
I'm currently running this current setup:

ASRock 939Dual_Sata2
AMD Athlon64 3200+ Venice
2x512MB Kingston PC3200
XFX 7900GS
250GB HDD

I want an experienced person's opinion.

Should I get the ASRock AM2CPU daughterboard? I've been seriously considering getting this daughterboard for an X2 CPU to get just a little bit more time out of this computer. What I want to know is, is it really worth my time and money to try to find a daughterboard and X2 CPU? I want to upgrade from a single core CPU to a dual core. Would it really be a big difference between a single core and a dual core? Is it worth buying the daughterboard or just buying a completely new computer? I'm already planning on building a new computer, but I wanted to keep this computer as well. Should I just save my money?

If it is worth upgrading I also need help with another thing. I've been searching and searching for the daughterboard but I can't seem to find one. So if anyone knows where I can find one please post a link here.

Thank you to those who give me their opinion on my situation.

Your old socket 939 board is not worth spending money on.
If you want to use it a second PC, that is fine, but use it as is.
I have never heard of the daughter board, or an adapter of any kind that would allow a AM2 CPU to work on a 939 board. Forget about it and just start over if you are going to spend any money. The old system is not worth it.

Dual core 939 cpus are pricey now. Not worth the money. For the dual sata II daughter board, you still need ddr2; might as well change the motherboard for the same price. I couldn't find the daughter board. SuperBiz used to carry them, but sold out.

Thatguy63

Distinguished
Sep 2, 2009
I have 4 OCZ Reaper modules. The only thing im looking for is the daughter board and an old X2 CPU

To those that dont' know about the daughter board here is a link.