Best mobo to overclock q6600

zoenphlux

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2008
i have a dell and i am looking to upgrade the motherboard and heatsink/fan ...as well as ram i suppose. I need to know what are the best out right now within a reasonable price range.....ebay or amazon is an option. I just want to know which is most reputable. also i will be upgrade the case...i have samsung memory ddr 2 800.....i am thinking it wont work well with overclocked cpu...is that right??

thanks

cadder

Distinguished
Nov 17, 2008
I've used the Gigabyte ep45-ud3r on 3 builds, and overclocked all 3. I built one with an E8500, 1 with a Q9400 and more recently 1 with an old Q6600. The board seems to have worked very well, and isn't expensive.

Certainly people have had good luck with ASUS boards too and they'll probably chime in.

zoenphlux

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2008
no not really i want a full size atx because micros dont seem to be very good at overclocking...at least being value boards they are not equiped to do so as well...not to mention full atx boards have more features as standard..more usb and so forth....so no i plan to replace the case..i think i may have an old full tower around i can use.