Sims 2: Twins... am I wrong?

Last response: in Video Games
March 15, 2005 8:35:45 AM

It seems to me that when you have lots of woohoo the chance of getting
two-egged twins (unidentical?) increases greatly. Can anyone confirm
or deny this?

More about : sims twins wrong

Anonymous
March 15, 2005 12:40:10 PM

On Tue, 15 Mar 2005 05:35:45 +0100, Guardian Pegasus
<nobody@nowhere.com> wrote:

>It seems to me that when you have lots of woohoo the chance of getting
>two-egged twins (unidentical?) increases greatly. Can anyone confirm
>or deny this?

My sims have never produced one-egg twins (identical).

Have yours?

Gwen
Anonymous
March 15, 2005 9:25:04 PM

On Tue, 15 Mar 2005 09:40:10 -0500, Gwen Morse
<goldmoon@geocities.com> wrote:

>My sims have never produced one-egg twins (identical).
>
>Have yours?

At least once, I believe IIRC, twice. Or maybe they were not
identical, and simply looked identical, I don't know.
March 15, 2005 9:25:05 PM

"Guardian Pegasus" <nobody@nowhere.com> wrote in message
> On Tue, 15 Mar 2005 09:40:10 -0500, Gwen Morse
> <goldmoon@geocities.com> wrote:
>
>>My sims have never produced one-egg twins (identical).
>>
>>Have yours?
>
> At least once, I believe IIRC, twice. Or maybe they were not
> identical, and simply looked identical, I don't know.

About 5 times so far.

Gareeth
Anonymous
March 15, 2005 9:37:49 PM

Am Tue, 15 Mar 2005 09:40:10 -0500 schrieb Gwen Morse:

> My sims have never produced one-egg twins (identical).
>
> Have yours?

Mine only ever had a boy and a girl, never two boys or two girls.

Dorte
Anonymous
March 15, 2005 9:37:50 PM

Oh, I've had identical twins - actually it's the non-identical twins that
are rare in my game.

Best wishes Maxon

"Dorte Sch√ľnecke" <schueneckeDELETE@web.de> wrote in message
> Am Tue, 15 Mar 2005 09:40:10 -0500 schrieb Gwen Morse:
>
> > My sims have never produced one-egg twins (identical).
> >
> > Have yours?
>
> Mine only ever had a boy and a girl, never two boys or two girls.
>
> Dorte
Anonymous
March 16, 2005 8:17:24 AM

On Tue, 15 Mar 2005 16:21:45 -0800, "Gareeth"
<Gareethnews@hotmail.com> wrote:

>> At least once, I believe IIRC, twice. Or maybe they were not
>> identical, and simply looked identical, I don't know.
>
>About 5 times so far.

Had another pair about 10 minutes after I posted the above! hehe
Anonymous
March 17, 2005 6:01:01 PM

In my first install, George & Joyce Pips had twins, Matthew and
Christie, then when the game crashed, I went back to the last save
before the birth and had twins Bree and Christie (who I could only tell
apart by their hair colour).

In my second install, G&J only had Bree, but Cassandra had first a
single birth Bella, then twins Hector and Penelope.

In this (my third) install, I've not seen a single set of twins, and my
Sims are a clucky bunch who want babies every time they turn around.
Or maybe it's just me.

~*~
vecki
Anonymous
March 17, 2005 7:35:58 PM

In my early play, Cassandra produced two sets of seemingly identical twins
with Don, one male and one female (is she a terrible mother in other
people's games too?) and Mortimer produced a set of identical looking males
with Dina.
"Gwen Morse" <goldmoon@geocities.com> wrote in message
> On Tue, 15 Mar 2005 05:35:45 +0100, Guardian Pegasus
> <nobody@nowhere.com> wrote:
>
>>It seems to me that when you have lots of woohoo the chance of getting
>>two-egged twins (unidentical?) increases greatly. Can anyone confirm
>>or deny this?
>
> My sims have never produced one-egg twins (identical).
>
> Have yours?
>
> Gwen
Anonymous
March 17, 2005 9:33:09 PM

Gwen Morse wrote:
> On Tue, 15 Mar 2005 05:35:45 +0100, Guardian Pegasus
> <nobody@nowhere.com> wrote:
>
>> It seems to me that when you have lots of woohoo the chance of
>> getting two-egged twins (unidentical?) increases greatly. Can anyone
>> confirm or deny this?
>
> My sims have never produced one-egg twins (identical).
>
> Have yours?
>
> Gwen

My sims have never produced twins, period. I wonder why?

Jeanie
Anonymous
March 18, 2005 4:14:27 AM

"Gwen Morse" <goldmoon@geocities.com> wrote in message
> On Tue, 15 Mar 2005 05:35:45 +0100, Guardian Pegasus
> <nobody@nowhere.com> wrote:
>
>>It seems to me that when you have lots of woohoo the chance of getting
>>two-egged twins (unidentical?) increases greatly. Can anyone confirm
>>or deny this?
>
> My sims have never produced one-egg twins (identical).
>
> Have yours?

As I said before I have had a number of identical twins now but since I also
have had multiple incidences of identical siblings I would not think they
were so rare.

Gareeth
Anonymous
March 18, 2005 4:47:33 AM

On 17 Mar 2005 16:04:50 GMT, Gwen Morse <goldmoon@geocities.com>
wrote:

>My sims have never produced one-egg twins (identical).
>
>Have yours?

Several. Or at least they *seemed* identical. I suppose they could
also simply be non-identical twins who just looked alike.
Anonymous
March 18, 2005 9:35:39 AM

"Gwen Morse" <goldmoon@geocities.com> wrote in message
> On Tue, 15 Mar 2005 05:35:45 +0100, Guardian Pegasus
> <nobody@nowhere.com> wrote:
>
>>It seems to me that when you have lots of woohoo the chance of getting
>>two-egged twins (unidentical?) increases greatly. Can anyone confirm
>>or deny this?
>
> My sims have never produced one-egg twins (identical).
>
> Have yours?

Nope, but I do have one family that had three boys in separate births that
look exactly alike.

It's kind of frightening. I shall have to put together a photo album of
them and call it "Attack of the Clones".

March 18, 2005 10:54:14 AM

I have only ever had fraternal twins, usually one of each...didn't realise
until this thread that you could have identical ones. My sister's sims had
almost identical twins but as they grew up they became less identical,
however at toddlerhood you could barely tell them apart, we thought that was
pretty cool... But now I'm dying to get some identical ones!

~ jo

http://thesims2.ea.com/mysimpage/mysimpage.php?user_id=...
"Gwen Morse" <goldmoon@geocities.com> wrote in message
> On Tue, 15 Mar 2005 05:35:45 +0100, Guardian Pegasus
> <nobody@nowhere.com> wrote:
>
>>It seems to me that when you have lots of woohoo the chance of getting
>>two-egged twins (unidentical?) increases greatly. Can anyone confirm
>>or deny this?
>
> My sims have never produced one-egg twins (identical).
>
> Have yours?
>
> Gwen
Anonymous
March 18, 2005 10:54:15 AM

On Fri, 18 Mar 2005 07:54:14 +1100, "jo" <aeracura@optusnet.com.au>
wrote:

>I have only ever had fraternal twins, usually one of each...didn't realise

Fraternal twins? I think that's university talking, little lady :-)
Anonymous
March 18, 2005 2:41:55 PM

"Charles Whitney" <cbillingsw@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> "Gwen Morse" <goldmoon@geocities.com> wrote in message
>> On Tue, 15 Mar 2005 05:35:45 +0100, Guardian Pegasus
>> <nobody@nowhere.com> wrote:
>>
>>>It seems to me that when you have lots of woohoo the chance of getting
>>>two-egged twins (unidentical?) increases greatly. Can anyone confirm
>>>or deny this?
>>
>> My sims have never produced one-egg twins (identical).
>>
>> Have yours?
>
> Nope, but I do have one family that had three boys in separate births that
> look exactly alike.
>
> It's kind of frightening. I shall have to put together a photo album of
> them and call it "Attack of the Clones".

Absolutely! I have a shot of the Simpson twins on potties that makes my
flesh creep.
Start them off at the same time and the movements are identical. Midwich, I
tell you. Midwich.

Granny.
March 18, 2005 5:38:08 PM

hahaha...lol... it's the medical term for non identical twins ;-D

> On Fri, 18 Mar 2005 07:54:14 +1100, "jo" <aeracura@optusnet.com.au>
> wrote:
>
>>I have only ever had fraternal twins, usually one of each...didn't realise
>
> Fraternal twins? I think that's university talking, little lady :-)
Anonymous
March 18, 2005 11:01:15 PM

On Wed, 16 Mar 2005 04:17:24 GMT, Guardian Pegasus posted to alt.games.the-
sims:

>> About 5 times so far.
>
> Had another pair about 10 minutes after I posted the above! hehe

Are their personalities identical as well?

--
-Agent of Satan, but my duties are largely ceremonial.
Anonymous

I've never gotten twins of any sort.

Is there some trick to this, as there was in Sims 1, or does it just
happen randomly?

--
--Cuth
Anonymous

Cuthbert Gurdlestone wrote:

> I've never gotten twins of any sort.
>
> Is there some trick to this, as there was in Sims 1, or does it just
> happen randomly?

I did nothing but hope to get my twins. I think it's just random.

-georg
Anonymous
March 20, 2005 3:12:25 PM

Hi, I have no hacks or cheats on my Sims and I have had twins a few times,
so just keep trying.

--
Denise

!