Where to place WMP10 downloaded skins?

January 14, 2005 5:17:11 PM

I am new to the PPC world and kind of lost as to where I should drop
any downloaded skins...Thanks for any help...
Anonymous
January 15, 2005 1:47:31 AM

If you have a website, that's ideal. You could also post one-off to
microsoft.public.pocketpc.binaries but people tend not to work out how
to get hold of stuff posted 3 days ago ;-)

If they're your skins, that you made, host them on your website and
put in a paypal link for say $2 for 5, and see if you can make any
bucks on them, if they're any good they'll go.

Cheers - Neil

On Fri, 14 Jan 2005 14:17:11 -0800, Ali M <alibiz@earthlink.net>
wrote:

>I am new to the PPC world and kind of lost as to where I should drop
>any downloaded skins...Thanks for any help...
Anonymous
January 15, 2005 4:04:55 PM

Neil Smith [MVP Digital Media] wrote:
> If you have a website, that's ideal. You could also post one-off to
> microsoft.public.pocketpc.binaries but people tend not to work out how
> to get hold of stuff posted 3 days ago ;-)
>
> If they're your skins, that you made, host them on your website and
> put in a paypal link for say $2 for 5, and see if you can make any
> bucks on them, if they're any good they'll go.
>
> Cheers - Neil
>
> On Fri, 14 Jan 2005 14:17:11 -0800, Ali M <alibiz@earthlink.net>
> wrote:
>

>>I am new to the PPC world and kind of lost as to where I should drop
>>any downloaded skins...Thanks for any help...

Neil, I think Ali was asking where to stick downloaded skins for
installation - although correct me if I have misinterpreted the question.

Anyway, to install them, it's best to stick them in a folder (Skin Name)
and place them in \Program Files\Windows Media Player. Now if you open
up the Skin Chooser in Windows Media, you should see the skin.

--
Darius Wey
Pocket PC Thoughts

On Sat, 15 Jan 2005 13:04:55 +0800, Darius Wey
<darius.nospam@pocketpcthoughts.com> wrote:

>>>I am new to the PPC world and kind of lost as to where I should drop
>>>any downloaded skins...Thanks for any help...

>Neil, I think Ali was asking where to stick downloaded skins for
>installation - although correct me if I have misinterpreted the question.

Doh ! I think I was having a stoopid day ;-)
Anonymous
January 15, 2005 11:56:09 PM

Neil Smith [MVP Digital Media] wrote:

> Doh ! I think I was having a stoopid day ;-)

It's the weekend. You're forgiven. :p

--
Darius Wey
Pocket PC Thoughts
http://www.pocketpcthoughts.com/
Anonymous
January 16, 2005 4:33:36 AM

Thank you both Neil and Darius,
I was looking for info on how to install the ones I download, but hey
if I end up making any I will send them your way for free :)
Anyway, I tried placing a skin in a folder - skin name - with the skin
files within and that did not work. I've tried several other ways to
no avail, only the "Default(Portrait)" shows up in the chooser. Just
to make sure I am indeed trying in the correct spot, when you say
chooser you mean the "Skin" tab in the options dialog!? I have a Dell
Axim x50v with WMP 10.

Ali

On Sat, 15 Jan 2005 20:56:09 +0800, Darius Wey
<darius.nospam@pocketpcthoughts.com> wrote:

>Neil Smith [MVP Digital Media] wrote:
>>
>> Doh ! I think I was having a stoopid day ;-)
>
>It's the weekend. You're forgiven. :p
Anonymous
January 16, 2005 11:24:26 PM

Ali M wrote:
> Thank you both Neil and Darius,
> I was looking for info on how to install the ones I download, but hey
> if I end up making any I will send them your way for free :)
> Anyway, I tried placing a skin in a folder - skin name - with the skin
> files within and that did not work. I've tried several other ways to
> no avail, only the "Default(Portrait)" shows up in the chooser. Just
> to make sure I am indeed trying in the correct spot, when you say
> chooser you mean the "Skin" tab in the options dialog!? I have a Dell
> Axim x50v with WMP 10.

There's a chance that the skin you are using may not be 100% compatible.
Here's a link to one I released a few days ago. A WMP10 user has
informed me that it works in WMP10 (although album art support is
lacking - obvious because I didn't code it in):
http://www.handango.com/PlatformProductDetail.jsp?siteI...

See if this one appears in the skin chooser (yes, I believe it's Menu >
Options > Skin Chooser, or something along the lines of that). :)

--
Darius Wey
Pocket PC Thoughts
http://www.pocketpcthoughts.com/
January 17, 2005 1:03:04 PM

"Darius Wey" wrote:

> Ali M wrote:
> > Thank you both Neil and Darius,
> > I was looking for info on how to install the ones I download, but hey
> > if I end up making any I will send them your way for free :)
> > Anyway, I tried placing a skin in a folder - skin name - with the skin
> > files within and that did not work. I've tried several other ways to
> > no avail, only the "Default(Portrait)" shows up in the chooser. Just
> > to make sure I am indeed trying in the correct spot, when you say
> > chooser you mean the "Skin" tab in the options dialog!? I have a Dell
> > Axim x50v with WMP 10.
>
> There's a chance that the skin you are using may not be 100% compatible.
> Here's a link to one I released a few days ago. A WMP10 user has
> informed me that it works in WMP10 (although album art support is
> lacking - obvious because I didn't code it in):
> http://www.handango.com/PlatformProductDetail.jsp?siteI...
>
> See if this one appears in the skin chooser (yes, I believe it's Menu >
> Options > Skin Chooser, or something along the lines of that). :)
>
> --
> Darius Wey
> Pocket PC Thoughts
> http://www.pocketpcthoughts.com/

Hello,

it does'nt work. In WMP10 mobile, i go menu->options->sink and I should have
to choose previous or next for new skin. Both buttons are inactive.

regards
Anonymous
January 18, 2005 2:16:58 PM

Bartek wrote:
> Hello,
>
> it does'nt work. In WMP10 mobile, i go menu->options->sink and I should have
> to choose previous or next for new skin. Both buttons are inactive.
>
> regards

Interesting. Thanks for that. I never designed them for WMP10 since I
don't have the newer media player on my device, so I've been relying on
other users to test out compatibility for me.

Is the skin in the \Program Files\Windows Media Player\Bubble Skin folder?

--
Darius Wey
Pocket PC Thoughts
http://www.pocketpcthoughts.com/
January 18, 2005 2:16:59 PM

"Darius Wey" wrote:

> Bartek wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > it does'nt work. In WMP10 mobile, i go menu->options->sink and I should have
> > to choose previous or next for new skin. Both buttons are inactive.
> >
> > regards
>
> Interesting. Thanks for that. I never designed them for WMP10 since I
> don't have the newer media player on my device, so I've been relying on
> other users to test out compatibility for me.
>
> Is the skin in the \Program Files\Windows Media Player\Bubble Skin folder?
>
> --
> Darius Wey
> Pocket PC Thoughts
> http://www.pocketpcthoughts.com/

Yes. This is the path from my PDA:
\Program Files\Windows Media Player\Bubble Skin

It seems to by invisible for WMP 10 mobile.
Anonymous
January 19, 2005 1:55:48 AM

Bartek wrote:
> Yes. This is the path from my PDA:
> \Program Files\Windows Media Player\Bubble Skin
>
> It seems to by invisible for WMP 10 mobile.

Thanks! :)  I'll work on WMP10 compatibility in the future.

--
Darius Wey
Pocket PC Thoughts
http://www.pocketpcthoughts.com/
Anonymous
January 20, 2005 12:04:05 AM

Reply to message from Darius Wey <darius.nospam@pocketpcthoughts.com> (Sun,
16 Jan 2005 05:24:26) about "Re: Where to place WMP10 downloaded skins?":

Thanks Darius,
The skin did not work, I wonder if it a bug in WMP 10!

Bye
Ali M. <alibiz@earthlink.net> Wed, 19 Jan 2005 00:46:03 -0700

2005 05:24:26 Subject: Re: Where to place WMP10 downloaded skins?

Ali M wrote:
> Thank you both Neil and Darius, I was looking for info on how to install
> the ones I download, but hey if I end up making any I will send them
> your way for free :)  Anyway, I tried placing a skin in a folder - skin
> name - with the skin files within and that did not work. I've tried
> several other ways to no avail, only the "Default(Portrait)" shows up in
> the chooser. Just to make sure I am indeed trying in the correct spot,
> when you say chooser you mean the "Skin" tab in the options dialog!? I
> have a Dell Axim x50v with WMP 10.

There's a chance that the skin you are using may not be 100% compatible.
Here's a link to one I released a few days ago. A WMP10 user has informed
me that it works in WMP10 (although album art support is lacking - obvious
because I didn't code it in): http://www.handango.com/
PlatformProductDetail.jsp?siteId=1&platformId=2&productType=2&productId=
149976

See if this one appears in the skin chooser (yes, I believe it's Menu >
Options > Skin Chooser, or something along the lines of that). :)

--
Darius Wey
Pocket PC Thoughts
http://www.pocketpcthoughts.com/
Anonymous
January 20, 2005 4:43:03 AM

Hi Ali,
I have the DELL Axim X50v. I can't change the skin myself...although
I downloaded the skins from Microsoft website. I am quite sure it is a bug.

"Ali M." wrote:

> Reply to message from Darius Wey <darius.nospam@pocketpcthoughts.com> (Sun,
> 16 Jan 2005 05:24:26) about "Re: Where to place WMP10 downloaded skins?":
>
> Thanks Darius,
> The skin did not work, I wonder if it a bug in WMP 10!
>
> Bye
> Ali M. <alibiz@earthlink.net> Wed, 19 Jan 2005 00:46:03 -0700
>
> === Posted with Qusnetsoft NewsReader 2.2.0.8

February 20, 2005 4:19:03 PM

Hi I have Dell Axim X30, downloaded and installed the WMP 10 update, and am
having the SAME PROBLEM. It is a stupid bug it appears. I don't even have a
DEFAULT skin! So the playback screen is just a big black screen with the
menu at the bottom.
-D

"Thayalam Pillai" wrote:

> Hi Ali,
> I have the DELL Axim X50v. I can't change the skin myself...although
> I downloaded the skins from Microsoft website. I am quite sure it is a bug.
>
> "Ali M." wrote:
>
> > Reply to message from Darius Wey <darius.nospam@pocketpcthoughts.com> (Sun,
> > 16 Jan 2005 05:24:26) about "Re: Where to place WMP10 downloaded skins?":
> >
> > Thanks Darius,
> > The skin did not work, I wonder if it a bug in WMP 10!
> >
> > Bye
> > Ali M. <alibiz@earthlink.net> Wed, 19 Jan 2005 00:46:03 -0700
> >
> > === Posted with Qusnetsoft NewsReader 2.2.0.8

March 19, 2005 4:27:01 AM

I have the same problem. I don't even have a default skin. I put a new skin
and it appears in the skin-tab but even when I select it, I get a big black
screen.
Did you figur out what the problem was?
Please help me~!

!