Not open for further replies.

keith808

Distinguished
Oct 11, 2010
i am using a
asus crosshair iv
corsair 850hx psu
amd 1090t

i want to be able to overclock the processor to 4.0 ghz but what ram would be good with that? that will be able to handle and be stable? without costing alot. im looking for 2x2gb sticks under 100 dollars.

keith808

Distinguished
Oct 11, 2010

Finally,!!! OCZ has specifically designed this ram not only for AMD, but specifically for AMD Black Edition CPUs, a lot of the other ram modules were designed specifically for Intel, the Intel designed ram may or may not run at the listed cas rating on every AMD motherboard machine, however the AMD designed ram will run the stated cas specifications on an AMD setup.

You make whatever choice you desire to make it's your money, but don't overlook the $20.00 MIR.

keith808

Distinguished
Oct 11, 2010

ohh i didnt see the mir. and will it be easier for me when i over clock my cpu?

^ As a general rule OCZ is great memory I've had plenty of OCZ for myself and others and none that I have had have failed and they're all still running, failure does happen with any product brands but some of the reviews for this particular memory from OCZ could be related to the fine print.

The fine print being having to set the memory manually if you did not have the chipsets it mentioned covering, but for me I'm setting my timings manually anyway, the memory I'm presently running was designed for the Intel 775, it runs a higher CAS and higher voltage.

Which means I have memory to fall back on if this memory doesn't pan out, so it probably will pan out, because in life things always seem to work for the best when you have a backup, it's when you don't have a backup things go south.

You've gotten some great memory suggestions in this thread just because my suggestion is AMD based doesn't mean the other suggestions aren't good suggestions, get what you want or you'll regret it later.

Status
Not open for further replies.