I know people might have this same question but what computer would have value

an AMD ATI build

an AMD Nvidia build

an Intel Nvidia build

or an Intel ATI build

waynec121

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2009

Agreed with xthekidx! You should set a price point that fits your budget and then we can all suggest what would be a good setup that has the best bang for your budget!

leva

Distinguished
Mar 20, 2009
I think Intel has the best CPU's right now, performance wise.
AMD and Nvidia graphics cards are almost equal when you get to the top performers. Although in Tri-SLI Nvidia seems to be winning.

Agreed. I think if someones budget is $600 or lower, than AMD has the edge.

Komomu

Distinguished
Mar 5, 2009

51% looking at getting soonish 0.5%stirring up a huge thread and 48.5% what would be the best type of build generally

xthekidx

Splendid
Dec 24, 2008

Well tell us what you are thinking you can spend, and what you use a PC for.

Komomu

Distinguished
Mar 5, 2009

well i am a serious gamer but i am not sure how much i could spend at this moment but $500 the minimum

xthekidx

Splendid
Dec 24, 2008
Do you have a monitor or anything else you will use in this PC? A minimum is not all that helpful...a maximum is kinda more what would be helpful, or at least a ballpark figure. $500 for a tower would be a very basic gaming PC, if indeed it could be called a "gaming" PC at all.

CoZ8686

Distinguished
Mar 22, 2009
Honestly, amd wins.

U get an awesome pc, for half the price of an overpriced intel. Intel may be goin great, but the games are goin at AMD speeds.

For graphics cards, ill take nvidea right now... however, i have a feeling that amd will grant that a decision worth beying considered.. its a toss up on a gpu.

Conclusion: build an AMD...use nvidea.

waynec121

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2009
I am sorry but this thread is just going to turn into a fanboy war. You should have followed some guidelines before you make a thread on here. You also should not have titled the thread AMD vs Intel. Probably not the wisest choice.

You should probably make a new thread with your budget and use in the title for example: $500 Gaming Build
In your post explain what you need, what you already have, what you are using it for, when you can buy it, and any preferences you have.

This thread is just going to turn into an argument among fanboys, so please for future reference don't do this.
Sorry if I seem too straightforward. :D

computabug

Distinguished
Mar 17, 2009
lol nice way to put it, Fullmetall. If you're getting this computer soon-ish, I'd suggest you keep an eye on Phenom II's. I just bought one 2 weeks ago with an M4A78 PRO. These are extremely cheap and futureproof, so I'd suggest getting a Phenom 720 with a NVIDIA card. I've been using ATI for too long too know that they're power houses but over heat too hot. Anyways, I tried NVIDIA on my friend's pc and I seem to like NVIDIA's frames better for some reason... don't take my word for it though, get a 4870 x2 if you like, then you won't have to pay extra for a Crossfire mobo! And you won't have to pay for expensive ddr3 if you're getting Phenom II's also (I believe that the Crossfire/SLI mobo's for Phenom II only tak ddr3... correct me if I'm wrong).

If you want to stick with Intel, their prices are coming down too as Phenom II's start to push Intel off the market :) It's like the war between Athlons and P4's all over again... I think. XD