Sign in with
Your question

Help with ati all in wonder 650

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
April 12, 2009 2:38:23 AM

I have been using this TV tuner for sometime, as a cheap mans DVR and a nice guide. Comcast just gave me this crap box that is 100% digital... The only problem is that I have to leave the god damn thing on channel three...which is preventing me from using the guide as well as the DVR. ( when setting it up I get a message saying that I don't have the IR controls set up, the thing comes with its own controller that windows media center wants me to sync with it. don't think that is going to happen) I would like to find a way to be able to continue to use my TV tuner, the guild and the DVR with out giving up channels because of the change over. Everything would of been fine if it did not require me to be on channel 3-4... Kind of annoyed with this whole thing. Hope someone out there has found a way to fix this with out sending to much cash lol. thanks for your time.

More about : ati 650

April 19, 2009 12:19:04 AM

I read some of the reviews and it seems like a number of people are having a hard time with Comcast as well... here is a quote from one of the guys reviews I read "I was hoping for better functionality with Comcast. Comcast keeps migrating analog channels to digital and not clear QAM, so this tuner will not pick them up. If Comcast keeps encrypting most of their channels this product will soon become a Dinosaur for Comcast customers. By the way QAM doesn’t work in WMC and the QAM beta plug-in didn’t work either. Could have been the low signal strength, just not sure." I really hope that someone can help me out here... I really enjoy my TV tuner and would hate to lose it because of the changes that are being made to the signal.
!