Tags:
  • Power Supplies
  • Cases
  • Computer
  • Components
  • Product
Last response: in Components
June 22, 2009 1:41:17 AM

i currently bought some part to build a comp, and i just wondering if this case will fit?

Core 2 duo e6300 (w/ coolermaster hyper TX) ECS p4m800pro-m
1 gig (2 x 512mb) DDR MSI Geforce 4 ti4200 128mb Sound Blaster Audigy 2 7.1

and the case is

Antec Sonata Designer ATX Mid Tower Case with 500W Power Supply
http://shop2.frys.com/product/5912344

THANKS in advance!

More about : buying computer case

a b ) Power supply
June 22, 2009 8:40:22 AM

It's fine. It's nothing to worry about.
June 22, 2009 9:05:54 AM

Judging by the parts, Is this a post from 10 years ago?
Related resources
a b ) Power supply
June 22, 2009 6:08:51 PM

Hah, a Core 2 Duo with DDR (not DDR2) and an AGP card. Yup, that ECS is one weird board. Of course, there is a performance penalty for the board also supporting DDR2 rather than just having DDR, but I guess you don't really care about that right now. Anyway everything should fit just fine.
June 22, 2009 8:49:16 PM

You should not worry about the case now and junk all that gear except the processor, the CPU Cooler & the sound card. The rest is very outdated and will only handcuff your processor. You will probably say I am short on cash, yadda yadda, but if you are I would upgrade your case last. A new mobo, faster memory and a newer video card will do more to make you PC experience a good one.

DDR 2 memory is real cheap
Intel 775 based motherboards are cheap
Any card you buy will be better then what you have. Get a PCI express card. AGP is no longer the standard.

I am not trying to be mean or harsh, but I don't feel you are putting your money to it's best use.
a b ) Power supply
June 23, 2009 1:25:24 PM

But maybe he needs this pc to access websites?! What is the point of spending more money for that?! And maybe he got this parts really cheap.
So before you start complaining about this choice or give advices, you should ask first what he needs the pc for. Also he already bought the components so...
June 23, 2009 6:07:08 PM

hefox said:
But maybe he needs this pc to access websites?! What is the point of spending more money for that?! And maybe he got this parts really cheap.
So before you start complaining about this choice or give advices, you should ask first what he needs the pc for. Also he already bought the components so...

This is true, but he is still wasting his processor's potential on that obsolete gear. Kind of like getting a new HDTV and using it to watch movies on Betamax. It will still work, but it could be so much better.

!