Which Case would you prefer - CM HAF 932 or CM ATCS 840

Total: 24 votes (5 blank votes)

• CoolerMaster HAF 932 Case
  • 58 %
  • CoolerMaster ATCS 840 Black
  • 43 %
June 22, 2009 4:00:19 AM

1. CoolerMaster HAF 932 Case = $215
http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_i...

2. CoolerMaster ATCS 840 Black = $379

Main use:

- Games (Crysis 1 and 2, Modern Warfare 2, Doom 4, Splinter Cell: Conviction) = Yes i would be overclocking my i7 920 cpu to something around 3.2ghz.

And i would be overclocking my gtx 285 graphics card and ddr3 ram to a stable clockrate. I don't know how much i should overclock yet.

- Blu-ray movies (The Dark Knight, Matrix, etc...)

- Surfing the net.

*Notes: I'm basically a noob at building a new PC. I can follow instructions if i have a manual. So quality is the first thing i think of, then easy of installing and easy of maintaining is second.
June 22, 2009 5:15:02 AM

The HAF 932 is going to be make alot of noise but it will keep your gear cool. Its an easy case to do insalles with. The only problem I have with that model is you had better be a clean freak. It will get dirty in most houses especialy with carpt and require 2 cleaninings a month on average.

Your other choice imo is nice as well but it just doesnt cool well. I can never understand the pricing on coolmasters. The quality on the atcs 840 should place it under 200$. There are just so many better options from Antec and other brands to justify the price.
June 22, 2009 8:07:06 AM

veryhappyyes said:
1. CoolerMaster HAF 932 Case = $215

2. CoolerMaster ATCS 840 Black = $379

Main use:

- Games (Crysis 1 and 2, Modern Warfare 2, Doom 4, Splinter Cell: Conviction) = Yes i would be overclocking my i7 920 cpu to something around 3.2ghz.

And i would be overclocking my gtx 285 graphics card and ddr3 ram to a stable clockrate. I don't know how much i should overclock yet.

- Blu-ray movies (The Dark Knight, Matrix, etc...)

- Surfing the net.

*Notes: I'm basically a noob at building a new PC. I can follow instructions if i have a manual. So quality is the first thing i think of, then easy of installing and easy of maintaining is second.

cm haf rc-932 has better air flow and the price is justified for the overall performance.

on the other hand the cm atcs 840 which is good but over priced.
Related resources
June 22, 2009 2:01:01 PM

You can get both of those cases for cheaper on www.newegg.com.

While both are great cases, my vote is for the ATCS 840 due to the removable mobo tray, 6 hard drive cage, cable management, and the fact that it's an over larger case.

June 22, 2009 2:54:16 PM

I have a CM HAF 932. It is not that loud - the fans are large and move relatively slowly. The loudest thing by far in my system are my GTX 285s in SLI. Regarding cleanup - my home environment is very dusty with multiple indoor pets (alot of loose fur flying around) and with the amount of air this case pushes it does a fairly good job of cleaning itself. I use a swiper on the outside of the case when I notice any build up and use compressed air once a month to clean out anything that does stick on the inside.

In regards to removeable motherboard trays, hard disk cages, etc. the HAF 932 is so large inside there is absolutely no problems working without a MB tray. The hard disk solution is better than hard drive cages in my opinion and helps the system to be quieter through vibration reduction. For cable management, the HAF 932 has multiple slots cut into the mounting panel and a removeable side panel on the right side with an inch or so of clearance. This makes it ideal for cable management as all cabling can be run behind the tray under the motherboard.
June 23, 2009 12:42:28 AM

Bullheaded67 said:
I have a CM HAF 932. It is not that loud - the fans are large and move relatively slowly. The loudest thing by far in my system are my GTX 285s in SLI. Regarding cleanup - my home environment is very dusty with multiple indoor pets (alot of loose fur flying around) and with the amount of air this case pushes it does a fairly good job of cleaning itself. I use a swiper on the outside of the case when I notice any build up and use compressed air once a month to clean out anything that does stick on the inside.

In regards to removeable motherboard trays, hard disk cages, etc. the HAF 932 is so large inside there is absolutely no problems working without a MB tray. The hard disk solution is better than hard drive cages in my opinion and helps the system to be quieter through vibration reduction. For cable management, the HAF 932 has multiple slots cut into the mounting panel and a removeable side panel on the right side with an inch or so of clearance. This makes it ideal for cable management as all cabling can be run behind the tray under the motherboard.

that's great news!
June 23, 2009 2:43:19 AM

chunkymonster said:
You can get both of those cases for cheaper on www.newegg.com.

While both are great cases, my vote is for the ATCS 840 due to the removable mobo tray, 6 hard drive cage, cable management, and the fact that it's an over larger case.

I think the original poster is in Australia, because the website that is linked is Australian. So the prices are most likely in Australian dollars as well.

Not sure if Newegg ships outside of the US either.

To the OP; I would suggest looking at the newer HAF 922, which is just about the same size and also has a few improvements over the 932 such as dust filters, and is actually cheaper.

June 24, 2009 11:04:07 AM

id get the HAF 932 as it looks a lot cooler and is cooler, excuse the pun (i know it was bad lol). But its just that you dont want to damage anything so go with a high CFM on fans, especially while overclocking

mellor x
June 27, 2009 12:15:46 PM

lots of good reviews for haf 932
July 15, 2009 11:30:33 PM

haf is right for it's price. while on the other hand the atcs 840 is a little over priced, but but it does have some extra features that the haf does not have such as dust fitlers, removeable mobo tray.

both have great cooling system! i have to go with atcs 840
!