Sign in with
Your question

Dual Monitors on my HP laptop

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
April 12, 2009 8:06:34 PM

Hello,
I have an HP pavilion2988se that has a single VGA output. I would like to use dual-monitors for my work. I know I can use a single monitor and my laptop's own screen, but I am discombobulated by the size difference in the screens. Is there a way for me to connect 2 external monitors (22" each)?

My machine runs 64 bit vista with 4 gb of ram. Also, I use the HP quickdock3 to currently connect the external monitor.

More about : dual monitors laptop

April 12, 2009 8:54:36 PM

rewindlabs said:
This should work fine for what you need ;) 

You of course can't play video games on it but web surfing etc will work just fine

Ok each of these links lead to a different product!

One of these will output upto! 1600x1200 and the other will only go up to 1440x1050 so make sure the one you buy will support your resolution

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

Thanks for the response. However, it says it is not 64-bit compatible. Is there another product that would work on my stupid 64-bit vista which I regretted buying from day 1?

Also, you say games wont run, is that because this device would create a lag on the second monitor? I will mostly use it for excel and access, but I do like to watch movies and such too.
Related resources
April 12, 2009 9:19:27 PM

You will have to check reviews as to if they can play movies...you will be best off just pulling the window your movie is in to the monitor directly connected to your laptop...it will work perfect for excel and access

Its a graphics card albeit a weak one of course and where it runs through usb there isn't really enough bandwith to serve video all to well :bounce: 

It does support 64 bit aswell :ouch:  just make sure to get the one that supports the resolution for your monitor ;) 
April 12, 2009 9:20:48 PM

You will have to check reviews as to if they can play movies...you will be best off just pulling the window your movie is in to the monitor directly connected to your laptop...it will work perfect for excel and access

Its a graphics card albeit a weak one of course and where it runs through usb there isn't really enough bandwith to serve video all to well :bounce: 

It does support 64 bit aswell :ouch:  just make sure to get the one that supports the resolution for your monitor ;) 
!