Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

ST2 EP1 Now it crashes!

Last response: in Video Games
Share
Anonymous
March 15, 2005 6:34:48 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims (More info?)

Yesterday, perfect. Everything worked. Today I can't build. Get black screen
and am thrown back to the desktop.

Did virus and other scans. Nothing found.
Have only the 2 hacks, the control mirror and the teleporter picture. Other
extras only walls and floors and all mine through Homemaker+.

Saved neighbourhoods. Created new neighbourhood. Booted out.
Load game again. Goto Pleasantthing. Built a foundation okay.
Exit and reload old Prefab neighbourhood. Booted out.

Hmmmm. Uninstalled and reinstalled game. Same thing happening.
Can't build foundations in newly created neighbourhoods.
Strange one this. Been to EA site but the usual advice offered to others.
Video drivers, memory, reinstall, remove all downloads etc.

Need foundations urgently to build my Municipal Public Baths. Help!!!!
The building was going up lovely earlier this morning. Got round to
installing overlooking balcony railings and Whap!!!
No Game!

Granny.

More about : st2 ep1 crashes

Anonymous
March 15, 2005 9:09:50 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims (More info?)

Did you use any cheats to get the buildings like you wanted? Like any of
the boolprop cheats?
Overlooking balcony rails?

"Granny Crabapple" <marrowjam@[reallywild]blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message
news:sgDZd.4741$QN1.2481@text.news.blueyonder.co.uk...
> Yesterday, perfect. Everything worked. Today I can't build. Get black
screen
> and am thrown back to the desktop.
>
> Did virus and other scans. Nothing found.
> Have only the 2 hacks, the control mirror and the teleporter picture.
Other
> extras only walls and floors and all mine through Homemaker+.
>
> Saved neighbourhoods. Created new neighbourhood. Booted out.
> Load game again. Goto Pleasantthing. Built a foundation okay.
> Exit and reload old Prefab neighbourhood. Booted out.
>
> Hmmmm. Uninstalled and reinstalled game. Same thing happening.
> Can't build foundations in newly created neighbourhoods.
> Strange one this. Been to EA site but the usual advice offered to others.
> Video drivers, memory, reinstall, remove all downloads etc.
>
> Need foundations urgently to build my Municipal Public Baths. Help!!!!
> The building was going up lovely earlier this morning. Got round to
> installing overlooking balcony railings and Whap!!!
> No Game!
>
> Granny.
>
>
>
Anonymous
March 16, 2005 3:39:04 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims (More info?)

"Bluegenie2" <me@fuil.com> wrote in message
news:GMudnTInBd7d9qrfRVn-oQ@comcast.com...
> Did you use any cheats to get the buildings like you wanted? Like any of
> the boolprop cheats?
> Overlooking balcony rails?

No... Just straight building tools. It is rather strange. Open a new
neighborhood and paste in a house or new plot and as you move it into
position parts of the green block flicker on and off. Play that house and
large areas of the ground are unusable.
In other parts of the same neighbourhood the ground seems to be normal.
It's just in odd spots of each map, and not always the same place.

Now I come to think of it, I noticed this quite some time back. Easily
before I installed the exp pack. It seemed to me that i was unable to move a
house to completely empty land by the road. There were areas where a house
just would not turn green. Had a house there before, so why not now? if you
see what i mean.

It never crashed before though.

Tonight, I can build foundations without trouble unless I open a plot where
these strange areas lie. Then.. Crash.
So far I have tested about four of maxis maps. The verona.. Shakespear one,
seems to be clear so i am using that as a base now. No crashes. yet. 8(

Granny, still puzzled.
Related resources
Anonymous
March 16, 2005 9:33:43 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims (More info?)

Granny Crabapple wrote:
> "Bluegenie2" <me@fuil.com> wrote in message
> news:GMudnTInBd7d9qrfRVn-oQ@comcast.com...
>> Did you use any cheats to get the buildings like you wanted? Like
>> any of the boolprop cheats?
>> Overlooking balcony rails?
>
> No... Just straight building tools. It is rather strange. Open a new
> neighborhood and paste in a house or new plot and as you move it
> into position parts of the green block flicker on and off. Play that
> house and large areas of the ground are unusable.
> In other parts of the same neighbourhood the ground seems to be
> normal. It's just in odd spots of each map, and not always the same
> place.
>
> Now I come to think of it, I noticed this quite some time back. Easily
> before I installed the exp pack. It seemed to me that i was unable to
> move a house to completely empty land by the road. There were areas
> where a house just would not turn green. Had a house there before,
> so why not now? if you see what i mean.
>
> It never crashed before though.
>
> Tonight, I can build foundations without trouble unless I open a plot
> where these strange areas lie. Then.. Crash.
> So far I have tested about four of maxis maps. The verona..
> Shakespear one, seems to be clear so i am using that as a base now.
> No crashes. yet. 8(
>
> Granny, still puzzled.

I've noticed that, too. There are some times when a lot looks completely
flat, but when you try to build on it, you can't put a roof on the house
because it's uneven. I've tried deleting everything, using the flat terrain
tool and rebuilding, but it still happens. Again, like you, I've found this
to be totally random and often a lot that had once held a building won't
allow you to rebuild on it after bulldozing. It's odd because there is one
neighborhood template that is very hilly, and you can still build on it.
Just one of the bugs in the game, I reckon.

Jeanie
Anonymous
March 17, 2005 1:09:52 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims (More info?)

"Jeanie" <Nobody@home.com> wrote in message
news:b__Zd.74883$Ze3.62045@attbi_s51...

>>
>> Tonight, I can build foundations without trouble unless I open a plot
>> where these strange areas lie. Then.. Crash.
>> So far I have tested about four of maxis maps. The verona..
>> Shakespear one, seems to be clear so i am using that as a base now.
>> No crashes. yet. 8(
>>
>> Granny, still puzzled.
>
> I've noticed that, too.

Thank Goodness!! Though not too good for you, either. I was starting to
think all sorts of strange things, like the maps getting corrupted during
transfer/installing.
Might still be that.. Lor.

There are some times when a lot looks completely
> flat, but when you try to build on it, you can't put a roof on the house
> because it's uneven. I've tried deleting everything, using the flat
> terrain
> tool and rebuilding, but it still happens.

Yes. yes. I have had that. End up moving all the floors, wondering if you
left a gaping pit under the floor somewhere...

Again, like you, I've found this
> to be totally random and often a lot that had once held a building won't
> allow you to rebuild on it after bulldozing. It's odd because there is
> one
> neighborhood template that is very hilly, and you can still build on it.
> Just one of the bugs in the game, I reckon.
>

Yes. The bulldozer glitch either never appears or seems to attack a some
length along a road. I end up with a gap.
Do you think it's worth asking the Maxi mob? I have read dozens of web posts
but nothing sounded like this.

Granny.
Anonymous
March 17, 2005 10:39:58 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims (More info?)

> Yes. The bulldozer glitch either never appears or seems to attack a
> some length along a road. I end up with a gap.
> Do you think it's worth asking the Maxi mob? I have read dozens of
> web posts but nothing sounded like this.
>
> Granny.

I don't suppose it would do any harm to ask them about it. But I fear you
are wasting your time. Much better to spend your time building on the lots
you CAN build on. <g>

Jeanie
Anonymous
March 17, 2005 3:26:58 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims (More info?)

"Jeanie" <Nobody@home.com> wrote in message
news:iva_d.76422$r55.54911@attbi_s52...
>
>> Yes. The bulldozer glitch either never appears or seems to attack a
>> some length along a road. I end up with a gap.
>> Do you think it's worth asking the Maxi mob? I have read dozens of
>> web posts but nothing sounded like this.
>>
>> Granny.
>
> I don't suppose it would do any harm to ask them about it. But I fear you
> are wasting your time. Much better to spend your time building on the
> lots
> you CAN build on. <g>
>
You are probably right. 8(
I took a risk this morning and planted a house with family from the bin onto
a plot that showed a wide glitch over to one side. (I tried it in a lot of
locations before I gave up)

It works perfectly. No problem building fences, floors etc, anywhere on the
property.
Huh. No logic.

Granny.
!