Windows XP Pro 32 bit (plan to upgrade to 64 bit edition
MSI P965 Platinum Motherboard
Intel Core 2 Duo E6400
2gb OCZ Platinum DDR2 1066 ram
Creative X-Fi Titanium Fatality Series sound
Foxconn 7950 GT OC graphics
500GB and 250GB WD hard drives
Antec Truepower Quattro 850W
22" LG Flatron (Plan for larger screen in the future)
NZXT Trinity case

My problem is that I am unsure as to whether it would be worth my money to invest in a decent core 2 quad processor and add some more memory so i can upgrade my graphics to a 4870 or 4890 vapor-x card from sapphire or if that would be a waste..... Im trying to avoid investing in the new motherboard and ddr3 ram for a bit because i am going to college and that would be a larger overall investment as i would be buying an i7 processor in that case and i dont think ill be able to afford all of this.....any input is appreciated... thx

gondo

Distinguished
As far as windows XP goes anything over 2GB RAM is not niticeable. Vista is a different story. Your CPU is fine. Now if you had an older P4 yes it would be a different story. Your power supply, case, and monitor are good. If your hard drives are full get a new one, otherwise your fine.

I think you have a fine system which really only needs a new video card if your into gaming. If you need a new video card for gaming then check Toms Hardware at best cards for the money and choose the best one in your budget. Other than that wait it out till the I7 becomes more mainstream and cheaper.

For now take a deep breath and relax cause your system isn't that bad. It's half decent for the time being.