Sign in with
Your question

Biostar P4M900-M4 mobo ddr2 667 ram issues.

Tags:
  • Chipsets
  • RAM
  • Single Channel
  • Biostar
  • Motherboards
Last response: in Motherboards
September 4, 2009 5:32:19 AM

the board has 2 ram slots but they are single channel the specs. say it supports 4 gigs but i cant seem to find a 2 gig single channel stick anywhere any ideas?

More about : biostar p4m900 mobo ddr2 667 ram issues

a b V Motherboard
September 4, 2009 5:25:27 PM

VIA P4M900 chipset - just buy 2 x 2gb DDR2 667mhz or 800mhz and it will work fine

the single and dual channel thing is a chipset related function on any *decent* chipset/imc but single channel essentially gives you the same total volume of ram so nothing to worry about
September 4, 2009 11:49:06 PM

apache_lives said:
VIA P4M900 chipset - just buy 2 x 2gb DDR2 667mhz or 800mhz and it will work fine

the single and dual channel thing is a chipset related function on any *decent* chipset/imc but single channel essentially gives you the same total volume of ram so nothing to worry about

i did purchase 2 2gb wintec ampo heat dispursed ram @ 667 but the board wont boot with the second stick installed i actually purchased 2 boards and a total of 5gb 2, 2gb and a 1 gb but after installing the second stick in either board ram test @ boot will not finish and i end up in an endless reboot unless i hit delete or shut it down and sometimes it freezes in the bios settings screen no matter if i used the identical 2 gb sticks in one or used 3 gb combo. any other ideas?
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
November 11, 2009 8:39:58 PM

did you enable the interleave function in the bios by default it is OFF..?? also make sure the max load is set fo 4096 (4gb) not 2048 (2gb) just a quick heads up if you are using any 32 bit windows aside from windows7 your wasting money on 4 gb as MANY have 4 gb limits for some reason they only find 3gb.
!