Tags:
  • Hard Drives
  • Asus
  • BIOS
  • Windows 7
  • Storage
Last response: in Storage
October 12, 2010 1:39:43 PM

After being forced to update BIOS on ASUS M70Vn to v.206 - due to nVidea 9650GT graphics driver fault (which it seems happened to a lot of people) after a Windows 7 Ultimate clean install (thanks to ASUS not testing their graphic drivers from Microsoft). Everything is working fine after BIOS update except that I have lost my second HDD SATA 500GB, it is there in the BIOS but unable to locate it at all in Win 7 64-bit, no matter what I try. I think I may be overlooking a really simple option to resolve this but as I have been racking my brain and searching web and cannot find any resolutions that work, I need some help please! Thanks soo much! Jodes

More about : missing hdd asus bios 206 update windows bit

Anonymous
a b Ĉ ASUS
a b $ Windows 7
a b G Storage
October 14, 2010 7:46:34 AM

Hi, yes youre right, youre missing very simple option although noone would really think of it naturally.
Well there are 2 solutions to 2 very similar problems so im writing this to help all the future users who might face those:

1.) After updating bios, second hard drive is not detected IN BIOS - if you flashed the newest bios, flash it back to older one. If you didnt flash the newest one, there might be a newer that fixes this issue so try it. But after all, if you flash the old one in which the second drive appeared, you wont do anything wrong and it might be the only way.

2.) After updating bios, second hard drive IS detected in bios, but is not detected IN WINDOWS - solution to this is really unlogical so heres what you need to do; enter the bios setup and (I think its the last tab, or the one before last) select "LOAD USER DEFAULTS" option, DO NOT SELECT " LOAD MANUFACTURER DEFAULTS"! After loading USER DEFAULTS, save and exit bios and after reboot, second drive should appear in your system without problems.

Hope I helped.
October 4, 2011 4:03:01 PM

hi,
i want to say thank you very mutch for this information. Now everythink works fine!!
I was playing around with this 2. HD problem now two days and was watching of a lot info in the web Again Thank you for your help!!!! :D  :) 
regardes from germany.
April 1, 2012 9:41:58 AM

varo said:
hi,
i want to say thank you very mutch for this information. Now everythink works fine!!
I was playing around with this 2. HD problem now two days and was watching of a lot info in the web Again Thank you for your help!!!! :D  :) 
regardes from germany.

hi varo, 204 auf 206, zweite hdd weg, bei mir auch, so'n mist..
und was hast du jetzt gemacht?
danke im voraus und gruß!
bernhard