Paul Reev

Distinguished
Aug 21, 2011
Hello, I keep getting this error when trying to run anything. "windows cannot access the specified device path or file you may not have appropriate permissions" I also need to get ride of this Gomeo rediredting thing. Please any help is welcome.

Paul Reev

Distinguished
Aug 21, 2011
Hi. THanks for the quick reply. I already use Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and Ad-Aware, and this error is preventing either being used. I haven't tried Superantispyware though.

Dark Lord of Tech

Retired Moderator
First thing to do is reset your internet settings back to default, go to control panel, internet options, click on the "advanced" tab, then on the reset button, in internet options click on the connections tab, then on LAN Settings and clear any ticked boxes, except for the "automatically detect settings box" finally click ok.

Paul Reev

Distinguished
Aug 21, 2011
Hi. I'm pretty much still in trouble here. All anti virus software runs for a moment then stops and if I try to run it again it gives me the same message. "windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file." I tried burning Kaspersky Rescue Disc 10 on another computer, then booted up on the infected computer. IT seemed to remove a lot of trojan, but when booting back up normally I still have the same issues. Google is still unusable, any link goes to Gomeo. I'm at my wits end here.