2 sound cards 2 sources

sscroggin

Distinguished
Jun 23, 2009
if i have 2 sound cards in my pc is there anyway that i can have them each outputing their own audio source at the same time.

Well some programs will allow you to select the audio output device. Not many but some will. If this is the case with one of the programs you are using then yes you can. Most programs are designed to use the default sound device.

hannibal

Distinguished
Some programs allow you to chose (like LOTRO and so on, and normal windows sound settings, but only if those drivers does not conflict with each other, and guite often they does, but still you only get one output at the time... You can switch between them though... I have SB X-fi and SB usb sound devise in my system and they do work together, but my integrated sound and SB X-fi on the other hands does not work together (even one at the time without driver re install)

Most of these only change what device is being used; I had fun using Winamp as one line in, and WMP as another. In short: I don't recommend

You can use one as the input and the other as the output without any issues, but using both at once, especially in Vista (with its idiotic monolithic driver model) is asking for trouble.