Alignment Problem with Asus Xonar DX

PinkCrayon

Distinguished
Mar 21, 2009
Hello, first time on these forums O: I am building my gaming rig and am having some problems fitting my Asus Xonar DX in my Antec 1200. It fits fine on my mobo, but the bracket on the end of my sound card does not seem to line up with the extension slot on my case. I've tried yelling at it and using other PCI-e slots but they all seem to have the same problem. Any ideas on my next course of action?

Edit: It seems I've posted this in the wrong forum. Could I get a mod/admin to move this to the appropriate forum, or is there a way I can delete this thread and put up a new one? D:

Your video card installed without a problem? The IO panel on the back of the motherboard lines up in the case ok?

Is the alignment problem from vertical (top to bottom) or horizontal (side to side)?

PinkCrayon

Distinguished
Mar 21, 2009
Thanks for the reply, I guess I should have been a bit clearer. It was nearly 4AM in the morning when I posted this. As for my video card, I have yet to order it so I am not sure if it will install without a problem. I don't have any other PCI-e cards I could try to install, although I might have some PCI ones in some sort of dustbin.

I thought pictures might be a little helpful here...

The IO panel lines up OK, at best. It is a little shifted and is not exactly perfect, not sure if this is a problem:

The bracket is angled from the extension slot so that I can not even screw the thing in without it popping out:

Sorry about the shoddy photography - cold in my house for some reason and I'm shivering like crazy. I'll try to get some clearer pictures up when I can.

Motherboard tray with standoffs installed (NOT a 1200 tray - a different case with a MB tray that is removeable):
standoffs.jpg

PinkCrayon

Distinguished
Mar 21, 2009
I am very sure I have the brass standoffs installed since I had a few problems with getting the motherboard to fit on them. They came pre-installed with the case and are in the right places, but the IO shield that came with my mobo has a black foam material that is covered with some silver material.

I do not think that I am supposed to take it off, but I have never seen it before so I may just be wrong. The foam is on the inside of the case against the I/O panel of the motherboard and it pushes it forward a bit so that the screw holes rest slightly forward of where the standoffs are. I had to push back on the foam and squeeze my motherboard in place before screwing it into place. Hopefully this sheds some light on things?

PinkCrayon

Distinguished
Mar 21, 2009
Okay, the batteries on my camera died before I got to upload the pictures, but I have some cleaner pictures of how my sound card is sitting. Batteries recharging right now...

I checked out how the motherboard is sitting in my case, and it actually is too high - my best guess is the standoffs might be loose because I never checked to see if they were fully screwed in. Going to go do that now. Thanks for all your help thus far. Is there anything else I should check for?

PinkCrayon

Distinguished
Mar 21, 2009
Update: No pictures yet, I did reinstall the mobo though. One of the standoffs was a little loose lol. I screwed it down, mobo back on the standoffs and now... the problem is still not fixed but it is slightly better.

My IO panel is still a little high, but it's not verging off to the right anymore and the sound card is a little closer to the expansion slot but still ANGLED. Not sure what to do. A friend thinks duct tape will fix it - I would think otherwise...