First homebuilt PC will not POST, begging for help.

RMPNG

Distinguished
Mar 21, 2009
Parts:
AMD Athlon 64 X2 7750 Kuma
Sigma 535 watt PSU
Foxconn A7GM-S 2.0
G.SKILL DDR2 1066 (4gb)

Sadly, my first build has not been going very well. To make a quick summary, around 3 weeks ago I got all the parts, attempted to build the PC, and it couldn't POST. Assuming the mobo was the problem, I sent it in to get another one. With my new mobo in, I am encountering the same problem, which is why I've come to you guys for help. I've been a little discouraged as this is my first build, but I've been working nonstop all day and I'm ready to try anything to get this computer up and running. Here are some things I can say.

-I have no case speaker, as I lost it :(.
-The Foxconn mobo I'm using has no LED light to indicate anything.
-The memory seems to not be the problem, as I have tested it in another system, along with testing other memory in the current build.
-The mobo is mounted from the case with standoffs, and I've also tried starting it out of the case (to no avail).
-The processor heats up when everything is turned on (all fans move).
-I've tried multiple times resetting the CMOS, but that seems to not work.

If anyone can help me at all, I'll be in your debt. Thank you so much :) !

RMPNG

Distinguished
Mar 21, 2009
A case speaker is a good idea, and I've been looking around for one (they seem cheap at $0.75-$3.00, but the shipping makes it at least $8 every time :/).

I've tested my rig with another PSU and nothing changed, although I am still a bit weary if it is the problem. The CPU gets hot, but the main thing I'm worried about as it is the only part I haven't tested yet. I think I might end up RMAing them both, but I'm afraid that they aren't the problem and I'll be set back yet another week or two.

You have on board video, so it can't be a video card issue.

Nothing should be connected to it (no keyboard, mouse, HDD, DVD-RW, etc.) That leaves the PSU, motherboard, memory and CPU. You already determined that it can't be a memory issue. You replaced the motherboard, so we could presume that it's good (though we can't be 100% sure). You tried another PSU and it didn't help. What's left?

TRENDING THREADS