What a Week, Power is On But still Won't turn On?

Naf456

Distinguished
May 29, 2009
hello, i'm Nathan.
i've had the Weirdest Week in my Life and i'm hoping you could help me. my Dad's Friend's Pc went down so i had a look at it. (i'm 14 years old). When he turned his Pc on, the Pc will turn on But no Graphics will Display on the Monitor,
so i tried another GPU from my Old PC (Which works 100%), and still no luck, so Me and my Dad (He's into Computers Too) said it could be the Motherboard (Fic AZ11EA) since it's Quite Old. we offered the Friend my Old pc, which was better then the Pc he had, and said all of his Files wii be Saved (install his HDD in my old PC).
Soo my Dad Trusted me to install the HDD and make my old PC near Perfection (For £35 it ain't half Bad.) i Have Built my Very own Custom Buid Gaming PC and Swapped Comupter Cases from my Old PC numberous of time so my Dad. trusted me to do this.

After the Build, Everything was plugged up Ok, i Double Checked everything. i put the Kettle Plug into the PSU and turned it on. Nothing Happend. i didn't Do anything Wrong When Building it, Everything Wenk AOK. the HDD sloted in nicely and connect Smoothly to the MOBO. i had Not one Problem From this PC till now (Apart from it was to Slow for me(thats why i built my Gaming PC)). the LED on the Motherboard was lit, but still... nothing Happened. so i thought i mite be my PSU, so i take it Out and Try it in the Old Friends PC. so i pluged it up, turn it on and the Cpu Fan was spinning Fine.

Next i took the PSU from the OLD friends PC and tried it on mine. still No go. so i put the PSU back in the OLD, friends PC, then i tried to turn the Old friends PC on, and quess what. Nothing Happened. by that time i was just about Had it.

the Next day, i told my Dad's friend to just buy a New PC and i will get the Infomation from his Harddrive using my Gaming PC. that went fine.

the Next day, i read on a Fourm to try and Take the MOBO out and try it with Nothing on it, No CPU, No nothing. ok done that, and still no go. so i thought it was my fault that i Broke the PC, dispite i did nothing Different then i always do. i thought it was broken, so i just put it back together. i was bending the MOBO to try and Put the FAN on the CPU, i was Wiping it across the Floor, and Everything, i thought it was Broken. then when all the old hardware was up and connected i had a starge feeling to try it one more time. (Dispite all the static would have blow it)
so i connected it. and it turn on? and Windows XP Greeted me?

Next day. i then Turn it on again and it Didn't Work again. my Uncle Said it mite be that there is a Dry Joint on the MOBO. so i pushed Down on the PCI slot with my Foot and turned it on... it worked fine and 3 days later (today) it's still working Great.

Yesterday i read that some ones Motherboard Didn't render any graphics and wanted help to figre it out. and they did in the End, so i want to try the OLD friends PC again, since the MotherBoard Hasn't gone on it. but i have the same Problem Like i had with my old PC but it stiill won't turn on, even if i bend it. i can't tell if theres any power in it, there no LED. i know the PSU works tho, since i swapped the PSU with Mine again.
So does anyone know how to turn it on?

brooklyn67

Honorable
Feb 21, 2012
might be a screw under the motherboard, take it out of the case and connect everything outside of the case and try it, maybe one of the supports is not where it belongs