Sign in with
Your question

Virus protection not found - Help me

Last response: in Windows XP
August 22, 2011 8:10:45 PM

I HAVE PREMIUM NORTON360 ANTI VIRUS ,, BUT WHEN I CHECK MY SECURITY CENTER ITS APPEAR " VIRUS PROTECTION NOT FOUND" WHY AND HOW COME? PLEASE HELP ME

More about : virus protection found

a b 8 Security
a b è Antivirus
August 22, 2011 8:14:32 PM

Is it running besides not being detected by the security center?
August 22, 2011 8:37:19 PM

I have an Norton Premium ,, and I already run it ,, and its working ,, but when I check the security center its appear Virus Protection Not Found ....... Can you guide me?
Related resources
a b 8 Security
a b è Antivirus
August 22, 2011 8:39:53 PM

Sometimes, unregistering and re-registering WMIUTILS.DLL file will fix this issue.

1. Click the Start button, and then click Run.

2. In the Run dialog box, type the following text:

regsvr32 /u WMIUTILS.DLL

3. Click OK.

4. Restart the computer.

5. Click the Start button, and then click Run.

6. In the Run dialog box, type the following text:

regsvr32 WMIUTILS.DLL

7. Click OK.

8. Restart the computer.

The problem is that your Windows Security Center does not recognize the Norton Internet Security. There is nothing to worry about this, as long as Norton program shows GREEN check mark in the system tray, you don't have to worry about the protection for your computer. You can ignore this warning from the Security Center. You can also try uninstalling Norton program using the Norton Removal Tool and then reinstall!

http://us.norton.com/support/kb/web_view.jsp?wv_type=pu...
August 22, 2011 8:47:54 PM

I think I did it already ,, and its said " Loadlibrary("WMIUTILS.DLL")FAILED The specified module not be found"
a b 8 Security
a b è Antivirus
August 22, 2011 8:50:31 PM

The problem is that your Windows Security Center does not recognize the Norton Internet Security. There is nothing to worry about this, as long as Norton program shows GREEN check mark in the system tray, you don't have to worry about the protection for your computer.

XP doesn't always pickup on all security products!
August 22, 2011 8:56:31 PM

OK ,, I think you are right,, Thanks and have a nice day ....
a b 8 Security
a b è Antivirus
August 22, 2011 8:58:05 PM

Your welcome!
!