darkling

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2010
I just finished some Prime95 on an i5-750 on a GA-P55-USB3 rev 2 F8 board. I havent made any manual OC i just wanted to test the turbo mode and i want your help to see if i got it. I started the test using 4 workers (4 core stress) and the multiplier was 133x20 resulting the default speed of 2,66. after that i switched off one worker at a time and when 3 cores where used the multiplier was 133x21, then the second core off and the multiplier jumped to 133x24 resulting to a final OC of 3.2ghz.
Now through all these tests max temps were 68-69 C. Do this mean i dont have to change anything on the bios and i am all set to use the OC provided by the structure of the cpu? i am a mild overclocker and i will be happy if the cpu did that for me.

When you mean by 'worker' do you mean core on the individual die? If so, I would say that is not a good OC practice. If you can increase you Multi in the BIOS without compromising Core usage, I would say increase voltage to 1.35 and activate all core, Turbo, and increase the FSB to 173

173(20)= 3160

It would be a basic OC.

Also, try to monitor your TD levels. You are entering the Danger Zone there.