Sims2 Help Please

I was wondering about these bak files. I notice they show up after
making some objects (recolors)
EP ready with SimPE. The only thing is that they are duplicates of the
original file & I'm wondering
if I can delete them or is it necessary to keep them in order for the
original object recolor to show up
in University. Oh I hope I'm making sense describing this. LOL

Any help at all would be very much appreciated. I'm going nuts with
these odd files that are
taking up space in my downloads folder.

Betty

>I was wondering about these bak files. I notice they show up after
>making some objects (recolors)
>EP ready with SimPE. The only thing is that they are duplicates of the

>original file & I'm wondering
>if I can delete them or is it necessary to keep them in order for the
>original object recolor to show up
>in University. Oh I hope I'm making sense describing this. LOL

>Any help at all would be very much appreciated. I'm going nuts with
>these odd files that are taking up space in my downloads folder.

bak is standard shorhand for backup. SimPe makes a backup of a file
before it changes it. This is what these files are. If you are sure
what you done is ok then you can simply delete them, or ignore them
like I do.

"BombayMix" <bombaymix@altavista.co.uk> wrote in message
> >I was wondering about these bak files. I notice they show up after
> >making some objects (recolors)
> >EP ready with SimPE. The only thing is that they are duplicates of the
>
> >original file & I'm wondering
> >if I can delete them or is it necessary to keep them in order for the
> >original object recolor to show up
> >in University. Oh I hope I'm making sense describing this. LOL
>
> >Any help at all would be very much appreciated. I'm going nuts with
> >these odd files that are taking up space in my downloads folder.
>
> bak is standard shorhand for backup. SimPe makes a backup of a file
> before it changes it. This is what these files are. If you are sure
> what you done is ok then you can simply delete them, or ignore them
> like I do.
]
You can even set up SimPe not to make backups period.