Advanced Clock Calibration goes back to disable?

wapotown

Distinguished
Nov 18, 2010
I have the gigabyte ma 770t usb3 and 560 cpu, and when i go to the bios, i go to intelligent tweak and then put EC FIRMWARE SELECTION to HYBRID and the ADVANCED CLOCK CALIBRATION to AUTO, then i save the options and it tells me to wait and the restarts but when i check with CPU-Z it show only two cores, so then i go back to BIOS to see what happened, and ADVANCED CLOCK CALIBRATION goes back to disable. I don't understand what happening because if it was that the cores were defectives it wouldn't even let me go into windows, but the thing is that it lets me but when i recheck they go back to disable.

I also already update my bios from F3 to F4 and in F4 just gave me a new option the suppose to let me disable 2 cores but those cores are number 0 and number 1. So if i disable core 1 and login to windows it shows me that i'm only using one core.

Any one please help!

green300

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2010

Sounds like your MB is resetting itself saving you the trouble of having to clear cmos. Probably thee only thing you can try is to increase by one or notches, NB voltage,CPU_NB voltage and or vcore.

"AMD has released another slew of processors
to the market focused on faster clock speeds with a cheaper price tag. One of these processors is the dual core Phenom ™ , overclocking the 560 BE comes unlocked at 3.3GHz and is dual-core
on the same die as the quad-cores like the Phenom™ II X4 940 BE. T

560 cpu cannot unlock make to X4 !"

Pretty sure all PhenomII's are native quads. The 560 can unlock to a B60 quad if it is healthy. Yours might not..

g/l

Welcome to THG.

AMD from time to time has voiced displeasure with the core un-locking thing --- that's why ACC was dropped from the 8xx chipsets (didn't need it anyway because the primary purpose off ACC was to enable the *six magic pins* on the original Phenoms).

My understanding is they would beat up a little on mobo vendors about the ACC stuff so it may well be possible that F4 skunked you in some fashion.

Could you unlock with F3 ?

And ... yeah. What green300 said. The 560 can unlock to a B60 quad and from what I have seen your chances are pretty much the same as with any other PhII (better than 50/50).

wapotown

Distinguished
Nov 18, 2010

Mo I couldn't neither with F1 F3 and F4, I save me the time from trying F2 since I already try the others and none worked, so please help!